People and partnerships
As a family-run business, people have always been at the heart of what we do. Together with our retail partners, we now have over 41,000 people working in our stores, our offices and our warehouses across Ireland alone. And we want Musgrave to be a company which supports all of those people and which they feel proud to work for.
We continue to make Musgrave a diverse and inclusive workplace, committed to providing equal opportunities for people, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or religion. We take pride in treating all of our colleagues with the respect and fairness they deserve.
We want people to grow and thrive in our business, whether they are at head office or one of our retail partners working in their local community. And we are committed to workplaces that are healthy and diverse, which respect and support colleagues, whatever their skills or individual needs.
- We will foster inclusive, diverse and healthy workplaces that encourage, challenge, support and respect colleagues; helping them to grow and develop
- By 2020 we will support colleagues to make Musgrave one of the healthiest workplaces in Ireland
- By 2018 we will establish a system to audit and validate that the human and labour rights of all workers in our fresh and own brand supply chains are fully respected
- We will collaborate with government agencies, Bord Bia and Origin Green to ensure that 100% of our Irish meat, dairy and eggs is always in compliance with the highest standards of animal welfare
- We will set leading standards for sourcing; continuously raising the bar on transparency across our entire supply chain
- By 2020 100% of our Irish meat and fresh produce will be certified Origin Green
Be well, work well
Be Well, Work Well is our award-winning programme, supporting colleagues’ health and wellbeing in the workplace. Many people spend more time with their colleagues than with their families, so it is important that they are as happy and healthy as possible.
The programme supports employees to eat healthily, stay active, reduce stress and enjoy the time they spend with their colleagues. It includes everything from our cycle to work scheme to healthier food in the canteens, fitness challenges and the Couch to 5k running group.
Musgrave Heroes is our awards event to celebrate the talented and dedicated people we have working for us. The awards celebrate exceptional passion and talent from across the business – from area managers to shop assistants. Each year it unearths inspiring stories of employees who have gone the extra mile in supporting a colleague, or given their free time to help people in need at Christmas.