Retailers from SuperValu and Centra in Northern Ireland have been announced as finalists in the 2022 Retail Industry Awards, highlighting the excellence in modern convenience retailing across both brands.
The retail brands have also both been shortlisted in the Symbol/Franchise Group of the Year category, while Musgrave NI, which owns the brands, is a finalist in the Forecourt Retailer of the Year multiples category.
Widely regarded as ‘The Oscars’ of the grocery sector, the Retail Industry Awards reward excellence and outstanding achievement across a broad range of categories, recognising independent retailers alongside the large supermarket groups.
Commenting on the shortlist, Musgrave NI Retail Sales Director Paddy Murney, said:
“I would like to congratulate all the SuperValu and Centra stores which have been shortlisted at this year’s Retail Industry Awards. Last year continued to be a challenging period for our retailers as we worked through the ongoing pandemic, but their commitment and dedication to serving their local communities with the best in modern convenience retailing was, and remains, unwavering. The recognition at these awards is testament to this and we look forward to celebrating this level of excellence at the awards ceremony in September.”
SuperValu and Centra have been shortlisted in the following categories at this year’s Retail Industry Awards which take place in London on 20th September:
Symbol/Franchise Group of the Year – SuperValu and Centra.
Chilled Retailer of the Year
- Independent – Carlisle’s SuperValu, Ballynahinch, Co. Down
- Independent – McCool’s SuperValu Kells, Co. Antrim
Drinks Retailer of the Year
- Independent – Lusty’s Centra, Larne, Co. Antrim
Food-to-go Retailer of the Year
- Independent – Lilley’s Centra Drumlyon, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh
Forecourt Retailer of the Year
- Independent – Moran’s Centra, Strand Road, Derry~Londonderry
- Company Owned – Centra Mallusk, Co. Antrim
- Multiples – Musgrave NI
Independent Retailer of the Year
- 1,501sq ft to 3,000sq ft – Martin & Boal’s Centra, Holywood, Co. Down
- 3,001sq ft to 6,000sq ft – Carlisle’s SuperValu, Ballynahinch, Co. Down
- Over 6,000sq ft – McGleenan’s Centra, Keady, Co. Armagh
- Over 6,000sq ft – Woods’ SuperValu Fruitfield, Richhill, Co. Armagh
Post Office of the Year
- Independent – McCool’s Centra, Ballymena, Co. Antrim
Store Manager of the Year
- Company Owned – Martin McLaughlin, Centra Draperstown, Co. Derry~Londonderry