Producers for SuperValu and Centra enjoyed huge success at this year’s Blas na hÉireann Awards Ceremony, held in Dingle on Friday 30th September.
SuperValu producers celebrate another year of success with 119 wins at this year’s Blas na hÉireann Awards
- SuperValu Irish Beef Dry Aged Striploin from Kepak wins Best New Product 2022
- SuperValu producers win 32 gold, 37 silver and 38 bronze awards across Own Brand and Food Academy
- Taste of Local producers also won five Chef’s Larder awards, five best in county awards and the Rogha na Gaeltachta award
- Large number of wins a reflection of SuperValu’s long-term investment in supporting Irish producers
- Other Gold award winners include: SuperValu Crème Fraiche, SuperValu Natural Kefir (NPD) and SuperValu Chicken With Garam Masala Soup.
- SuperValu’s Food Academy food and drink producers picked up a total of 73 awards, made up of 19 gold, 19 silver and 24 bronze as well as five Chef’s Larder’s, five best in county and the Rogha na Gaeltachta award.
- These wins included gold and best in county for Clare Jam’s new product Doolin Mustard while newcomer Zingibeer, run by father and daughter Kevin and Rachel Byrne, won gold for their Ginger Beer. Zingibeer is made from all natural ingredients including lemon zest and champagne yeast which make the ginger beer sophisticated, zingy and refreshing.
- New producers who started with Food Academy in May this year won 13 awards. This is an endorsement of the quality and innovation of Food Academy’s emerging food and drink brands, which form a major part of SuperValu’s support of indigenous food producers.
- Centra’s 22 winners were made up of 6 gold Awards, 9 Silver Awards and 7 Bronze Awards. The awards were won across the Centra, Inspired by Centra, Happy Pear and Moo’d brands. Centra was the biggest winner in the Convenience Market.
- Centra producers won 6 Inspired by Centra Awards which include 4 Gold Awards for the following products: Inspired by Centra Angus Sirloin steak with peppercorn butter, Inspired by Centra Salmon Sensation, Inspired by Centra Lamb Tagine, Inspired by Centra Mexican style sweet potato and bean salad (NPD).
- Centra’s other Gold winners were our multi award winning Centra Crème Fraiche and Centra Chicken with Garam Masala Soup (prepack & self-serve).
- The Happy Pear also won Blas na hÉireann Awards
Now in its 15th year, the Blas Na hÉireann awards is the biggest annual competition for quality Irish produce across the island of Ireland with thousands of products entered hoping to win Gold, Silver or Bronze Awards across 100 food and drink categories. Achieving such levels of quality remains a priority for SuperValu and Centra and they are proud to be recognised for delivering the best taste and quality products for its customers.