Cork Transport Planning Manager Named Overall Superhero
Musgrave has named the winners of its fourth annual Heroes awards, with Ireland’s leading food retail, wholesale and food service company honouring its Overall Superhero and inspirational colleagues across six categories.
Launched as part of Musgrave’s 140-year anniversary celebrations in 2016, the Heroes awards provide Musgrave employees across the business an opportunity to nominate a colleague whom they feel embodies and brings to life Musgrave’s values and culture in their everyday work.
Hundreds of peer nominations were received from across the company. Candidates were selected by how they inspire their colleagues through their everyday actions and contribute positively towards making Musgrave a great place to work.
From these nominations, 34 finalists were selected with Brian McGuirk, Regional Transport Planning Manager with Musgrave in Cork named as the Overall Musgrave Superhero. Brian also received the Customer Hero award for his outstanding contribution.
Additionally, Musgrave employees were awarded prizes in five other categories at a gala dinner at the Powerscourt Hotel, Co Wicklow, with colleagues honoured for exceptional contributions in sustainability and community categories.
Commenting on the Musgrave Heroes award winners, Noel Keeley, CEO of Musgrave said: “At Musgrave, our people are key to our success and it’s important to recognise colleagues who consistently go the extra mile. The Musgrave Heroes awards allow us to celebrate our dedicated, talented colleagues across a range of categories, whose commitment contributes to our ongoing success and ensures our continued growth.”
The Musgrave Hero Category Winners are:
- Magical Thinking Brought to Life: Robert Gallagher, Warehouse Operations Manager, Musgrave in Northern Ireland
- Best Stretch Achievement: Sarah Faherty, Payments Specialist, Finance, Musgrave
- Most Heroic Action: Christian Olari and Juan Carlos Goncalves, Online Team, Musgrave
- Sustainability Champion: Carley Dennan, HR Manager, Musgrave
- Customer Hero: Brian McGuirk, Regional Transport Planning Manager, Musgrave
- Leading in the Community: Peter Slevin, IT Program Manager, Musgrave