We understand that the privacy and the security of your personal data is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal data, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you.
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- Musgrave is the Data Controller of your data, when you provide it to us, and we use appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your data safe and secure.
- Your personal data is, where appropriate, shared within Musgrave
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf
- You have a number of rights over your personal data. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
By accessing, browsing or otherwise using our websites and services, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to this privacy notice in its entirety.
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up the Musgrave Group from time to time. Which of the Musgrave Companies controls your personal data depends on the circumstances in which you are dealing with us
What sorts of personal data do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us when you apply for a job such as your name, address, date of birth, marital status, work eligibility, referees, social security number, employment history and qualifications;
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other communications you receive from us.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful and accurate.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
Whenever we process your personal data we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose; E.g. your email address to contact you regarding job alerts
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal data in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services; E.g. your CV/application form to process your application before entering into an employment contract
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal data is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
- Public information: Where we process personal data which you have already made public;
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal data by law.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- Your application– we need to use your personal data so we can to process your application for a job.
- Other jobs – we may use your information to consider you for alternative positions which you may be a match for.
- Legal obligations– we use your personal data to comply with any legal obligations that we have.
- Analytics and profiling– we use your personal data for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about the people who apply for jobs with us.
- Contacting you– we use your personal data to contact you in connection with your application.
- Personnel record– if your application is successful then we use your personal data to create your HR record.
- Referees– we use the information you provided to contact your referees to obtain references.
- Pre-employment checks – for certain roles we conduct pre-employment checks and this is completed at advanced stages of the recruitment process
- Equality, diversity & inclusion – this information will be held separately from your application form, this will be used, only in aggregate form, for monitoring purposes and reporting to relevant government bodies.
We may need you to respond to certain queries from time to time in relation to your eligibility for work such as information regarding your age and any relevant work permits required. If you fail to respond to these queries, we may be unable to accept an application from you or to further consider your application.
Cookies and similar technologies
Who might we share your personal information with?
The Musgrave Group– only where appropriate, we will share your personal data in certain circumstances with the other companies within Musgrave.
Our service providers– we work with suppliers to help us recruit successfully. These third parties process your personal information on our behalf and are required to meet our standards of security before doing so. These third parties include third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the IT infrastructure. PIXID Limited operate and support the application portal and are bound by obligations of confidentiality. Our service providers may change from time to time, and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure they maintain the confidentiality of personal data.
Other organisations and individuals– we may share your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the guards or government department
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others. We will only share your personal data in response to requests which do not override your privacy interests.
From time to time, we may share information relating to you with third parties in order to provide the Services. This may include the disclosure of information to any company in the Musgrave Group or to third parties, in the following manner:
- We may share Personal Data relating to you with third parties engaged by us to provide or administer the Services and/or the Sites and/or the production of any promotional material which is permitted by law to be sent to you
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose this information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data (as well as that of other customers) may be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share information relating to you in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- Credit reference, fraud-prevention or business-scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies;
- We may use and share data relating to groups of users, to enhance our understanding of behaviours and enable us to improve our service or the Services in general.
- Unless you indicate otherwise, to advise you of job alerts; and
- In order to:
- enforce, apply or investigate potential breaches of this Policy and/or any applicable terms relating to the Services; or
- where necessary for our legitimate interest to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, where we are satisfied that it complies with applicable privacy laws.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal data;
- the right to be forgotten
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to any valid requests within one month, unless it is particularly complicated or you have made repeated requests in which case we will inform you of any such extension, together with the reasons for the delay. You will not be charged a fee to exercise any of your rights unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, in which case we will charge a reasonable fee in the circumstances or refuse to act on the request. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customers against fraudulent requests.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We will store your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- the length of time we have an ongoing relationship and/or provide our services;
- whether there is a legal requirement to which we are subject; and
- whether the retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as regarding applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
If there hasn’t been activity on your candidate profile for 3 years, your data will automatically be deleted. Should you apply for more than one role, then a new 3-year retention period will apply in respect of each separate application. During the retention period, Musgrave may contact you to determine your interest in being considered for other roles. Should you wish for your details to be removed before the end of the retention period, you may contact us and we will review your request in line with our retention obligations.
Where you subscribe for job alerts, your personal data will be retained for as long as you continue to be registered for job alerts until you indicate that you no longer wish to receive such alerts and then your data will be deleted.
You can update your profile at any time to no longer receive job alerts and there is an unsubscribe/opt-out at the end of each mail we send you. Please see the Contact us section below if you wish to obtain further information concerning our retention periods.
We take protecting your personal data seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- Systems are proactively monitored through a “detect and respond” information security function;
- We utilize industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
- We will never contact our candidates requesting confirmation of account details or passwords and we advise our candidates never to enter these details into an email or after following a link from an email. If you are contacted by our recruitment team they will confirm your name and the role that you have applied for. Contact would be either by telephone, text or email using the contact numbers or email address supplied by you in your application.
Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our systems or sites, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. You are responsible for keeping your personal and account data secure and not sharing it with others.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” sections above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Data Protection Team, Musgrave Group , Musgrave House, Ballycurreen, Airport Road, Cork, T12 TN99