Job ref: 12876
Job Type: Sales & Development
Location: Ballymun, Dublin 11
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 25 October 2021
Wine Sales Specialist
Musgrave is Ireland`s leading food retail and wholesale company. Our retail brands include SuperValu, Centra, Daybreak, and Mace in Northern Ireland. In addition, Musgrave MarketPlace is Ireland`s leading wholesale supplier to retail, foodservice and SMEs. We are continuously changing and expanding our brand portfolio, with more recent brands including Frank & Honest Coffee, La Rousse Foods and Drinks Inc. Our values are long-term stable relationships, achievement, not being greedy, honest, and working hard. There are real progression opportunities within our business for those looking for a long term career.
Manage the national Wine business to deliver annual sales and profit targets and grow the Wine business across all channels (Collect, Delivered & Online) delivering our brand essence of First for Choice, First for Value, First for Service.
- Achievement of budget targets & stretch targets for Wine as outlined by the Head of Beverages
- Agree sales forecasts by SKU with Trading / Supply
- Profitably grow the Wine business by ensuring a clear focus on sales & profit development including; new business development through effective prospecting, driving loyalty through management of existing accounts, margin & contract management, new product launches etc
- Work with customers to develop Wine menus where appropriate
- Effective collaboration with the Beverage BDM’s to identify new customer opportunities, and drive conversion to Musgrave Wines.
- Achieve lowest cost through ensuring effective customer service, minimizing splits and small drops, and maximizing case sizes.
- Ensure the successful management of debt & margin for Wine in line with budget targets & company policy.
- Ensure that external relationships with customers & suppliers (as appropriate) are managed in line with customer service best practice
- Attendance at monthly Regional Sales meetings.
- Be an active & effective member of the Beverage leadership Team
- Build & maintain strong relationships with key customers nationally
- Work with the Head of Beverage Sales & peers to develop Wine business plans & initiatives delivered through best-in-class field sales execution
- Work closely with Customer Service, Branch Management & Operations, Supply Chain, Transport, Trading & Marketing teams to optimise our On Trade Wine & drive customer advocacy
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 5–8 years knowledge / experience in On Trade, with particularly strong background in Wine
- Third level qualification specialising in Sales/Marketing/Food/Business would be advantageous but not a requirement
- Full driving licence
- Excellent Communication Skills & Relationship Management
- Commercial acumen & strategic business planning
- Report writing & presentation skills
- Achievement and results oriented
- Strong people & performance management skills
- People development & coaching
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office