Job ref: 12943
Job Type: Operations
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 29 October 2021
Wholesale - Cash and Carry Compliance Manager - Cork
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Compliance Manager to join our MarketPlace Operations team.
The purpose of the role is to protect the company resources (stock, cash etc) by achieving full compliance with all standard operating procedures, HACCP, H&S and other external/legal compliance requirements, responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
General Compliance Management
- Lead the Branch team to consistently achieve Wholesale Excellence standards by ensuring the site is fully compliant with both internal and external compliance requirements including SOPs, SELs, QA, H&S.
- Design and implement audit processes to ensure full compliance across the site.
- Preparation, co-ordination, and execution of a set of audits across the site on an agreed frequency.
- Oral and written reporting of issues arising during audit work with full corrective action plan put in place.
- Drive the implementation of specific control improvements required to achieve full compliance.
- Review, monitor and report results of quarterly self-certification checklist versus audit result.
- Site business expert on standard operating controls.
- Promote good corporate governance and internal control practices across the site.
- Control adherence point of contact for both external and internal auditors regarding operational procedures.
- Work with the site to simplify business processes, help to reduce cost and improve performance.
- Ensure all colleagues are fully trained in all areas of compliance and accurate, up to date records maintained.
- Ensure the site is legally compliant in all areas of food safety.
- To manage, co-ordinate and implement the safety health & welfare management system and associated processes within the site to ensure compliance with all current Health & Safety legislative requirements.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Build and sustain a high performing engaged team by providing clear direction, stretch targets, regular reviews to manage all levels of performance (proactively manage under performance and recognise and encourage high performance)
- Demonstrate the Musgrave leadership skills and values holding self and others accountable for meeting and exceeding objectives. Maximise the potential of team members to encourage and sponsor talent to ensure succession within the branch and across the Group
- Ensure departments are appropriately resourced to achieve maximum efficiencies and productivity in most cost effective manner
- Ongoing training and development of all colleagues
- Communicate clearly and positively to engage all colleagues to ensure they understand their role in delivering the brand (business/branch objectives)
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Audit/compliance experience in a wholesale/retail environment
- Logical, thorough and tenacious in approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Solid organisation and multi-tasking skills
- A proven ability to influence colleagues at all levels
- Ability to analyse, decipher and report on data in a concise and timely manner.
- A passion for driving standards and achieving targets.
- Excellent written and communication skills with strong report writing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Operations experience within the wholesale/retail industry
- Business related diploma or degree