Job ref: 10750
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Location: Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Warehouse Operations Manager
Role Purpose: Building and maintaining an effective shift management team which will work in conjunction with the warehouse colleagues to deliver a best in class service to our customers.
Area of Responsibility: Service and Cost
- Managing the delivery of the Central Distribution Centre (CDC) targets and proactively assisting with the development and implementation of programs which will see the ongoing improvement of all CDC standards.
- Management of the CDC KPIs and where appropriate implement timely corrective and improvement actions to achieve the CDC targets.
- Ensuring that our CI approach to ways of working continues to embed in the CDC and that employee involvement and participation is actively encouraged and recognized.
- Active participation in relevant cross-functional and logistics network projects.
- Effective resource projection planning and management.
- KPI`s including cases per hour, put-away, replenishments, credits, stock adjustments, scratches, OWR, Indirect % and waste %.
- Meeting objectives as set out in budget targets
- Ensure cost tracking is in place, including payroll, overtime control, labour costs and overhead costs for the site
- Productivity tracking on a daily basis across all warehouse functions and associated coaching and performance improvement plans to deliver these targets.
- Agreed shift staffing levels and control of ratio`s including forklift ratio`s, loading ratio`s, pick first time in full etc.
- Agreed Service Levels, Customer Advocacy Scores, Perfect Scores, Picking & Loading Accuracy among others.
Area of Responsibility: People
- Playing a leadership role in maintaining and building on the Supply Chain engagement framework to create high performing teams, improve employee engagement and participation, drive continuous improvement and a high performing culture.
- Maintain continuous focus on Employee Welfare with specific emphasis on Health & Safety, HACCP, Hygiene, housekeeping and absenteeism.
- Colleagues KPI`s including engagement %, absence %, number of team briefs, number of engagement sessions, number of Kaizen events/projects delivered.
Area of Responsibility: Health and Safety
- Under the 2005 Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act, employees have responsibilities for their own health, safety and well-being. Employees must comply with the requirements as specified under the 2005 Health and Welfare at Work Act. And must:
- Attend training and undergo such assessment as may be necessary
- Report accidents and incidents to their manager
- Working in co-operation with the HR/H&S department to reduce accidents and incidents in the workplace
- Maintaining a safe working environment in line with Health & Safety as well as all other relevant legislative requirements.
- Attendance at Health and Safety Training as required
- LTA, Days since Last Incident, Near Miss Reporting Numbers
- General Manager
- Shift Managers
- Transport Team
- Customer Service Manager
- Supply Chain Re-Order Team
- Sales Team
- Trading Team
- HR Business Partner
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Knowledge and Skills
- A relevant third level qualification e.g. Supply Chain or CI/Lean
- At least 5 years senior operational management experience working in a unionised environment within the area of FMCG logistics/warehousing or manufacturing/production.
- Excellent people management and engagement skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, MS Excel in particular similar warehouse management systems.
- Self starter
- Excellent written and communication Skills
- Thorough approach to work/attention to detail
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong commitment to personal learning and development
- Strong Team Player
- Leadership of change through Continuous Improvement Methodology
- Living the Musgrave Way
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Decision Making
- Gaining Commitment
- Building a Successful Team
- Aligning Performance for Success
Living the Musgrave Values
- Long Term Stable Relationships
- Working Hard
- Not being Greedy
-At least 5 years senior operational management experience working in a unionised environment within the area of FMCG logistics/warehousing or manufacturing/production.
-Excellent people management and engagement skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
-Possess excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills.
-Excellent IT skills including MS Office, MS Excel in particular similar warehouse management systems.
Essential Qualifications -A relevant third level qualification e.g. Supply Chain or CI/Lean Apply Now