Job ref: 12863
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 5 December 2021
Transport Line Manager
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Transport Line Manager to join our team.
Based on site in Belfast, the role will plan, direct and coordinate the smooth efficient running of the day to day transport operation activities and lead the Transport team members by giving direction and monitoring performance to ensure the department operates efficiently and effectively, providing a quality service to stores.
1. 06:00-14:30 standard non rotational
2. 14:00-22:00 standard non rotational
night shift will also be required on rotation as part of this role
Responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to);
• Lead, motivate and continually develop the Transport team by working in a harmonious atmosphere
• Lead the team by example working in accordance with company procedures
• Organise, plan, and manage the day to day transport operation.
• Ensure company compliance is maintained in line with transport legislation and procedures e.g. tachograph, Digi card, fleet management and Good Distribution Practice.
• Ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of your employees
• Liaise with all stakeholders internal and external to manage and maintain a flexible team-based approach.
• Compile annual budgetary requirements for transport admin and drivers including payroll.
• Prepare and implement strategic development plan for the transport function in conjunction with Senior Management. (full list of responsibilities available upon request via job description)
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent – passes at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English.
• Min of 3 years + experience in a national logistics business which has multiple weekly deliveries, including transport scheduling experience.
• Strong experience of managing a large team in a fast moving customer orientated transport operation.
• Significant experience of Transport operations at a management level is required. • Transport Managers CPC National & International qualified and up to date.
• Thorough knowledge of distribution operations including specific processes such as H&S and HACCP etc.
• Working knowledge of driver hours, tachographs and transport procedures.
• Working experience and knowledge of budgets and compilation and presentation of KPIs to senior level.
• Strong degree of PC literacy with an emphasis on accuracy - extensive knowledge of spreadsheets/databases are essential, as well as advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft suite.
• Previous experience of IT software such as Stratum and CSNX would be advantageous • Analytical experience in interpreting data presented.
• Excellent communication, people management and customer service skills.
• Good organizational, administration and problem-solving skills in a fast-moving environment.
• A willingness to support the business and transport unit by living the Musgrave values. Desirable Criteria
• NVQ Level 3 Candidates must tailor and clearly demonstrate on their CV how they meet requirements of the role in order to be shortlisted.