Job ref: 12904
Job Type: Trading
Location: Ballymun, Dublin 11
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
Trading Manager - Foodservice
We are hiring a trading manager to produce and implement category plans incorporating range, price, promotions, buying targets and supply chain for key Foodservice categories across all brands within the wholesale and foodservice division.
The role is to drive our offer across the division to achieve Sales and Margin growth through our product offering and services.
Roles & Responsibilities
Produce and implement category specific plans relative to the Foodservice Market for all categories, while adapting when required in this dynamic market:
- Assess commercial performance of current range
- Review market trends and opportunities, delivering inspiration for our customers.
- Review competitor offerings
- Assess current pricing and margin performance
- Review competitor price positioning
- Deliver appropriate promotional strategies to drive profitability
- Ensure that inbound service levels are on target and the appropriate level of support to the SC team.
Cost of goods
- Ensure that we are leveraging our group buying power effectively
- Delivering our buying plan targets
Support the division by making regular site & customer visits to achieve the following objectives
- Solicit customer feedback & insight
- Communicate relevant changes and developments
- Coach, mentor and motivate the appropriate colleagues
• Quality of Catgeory plans and understanding of the market
• Sales and margin performance by category
• Buying Plan Targets • Inbound service levels
• Administrative measures – Right first Time
• Frequency, quality, and effectiveness of customer engagement
• Quality of relationships developed with the Retail, Foodservice and National Account Sales teams
• Cross functionally delivering what is right for the customer.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Undergraduate or equivalent
• Excellent Microsoft Office & Outlook skills
• Strong commercial acumen
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Significant Sourcing Experience in the EU and Global Markets
• Passionate about Food