Job ref: 12227
Job Type: Finance
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 14 April 2021
Supply Chain Accountant
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Supply Chain Accountant to join our Finance team.
A wide-ranging role that covers all aspects of management reporting, business support and being a key support to the Supply Chain operations team across the business.
The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Heads of Transport and Warehouse for the NI distribution depots, Finance Manager, Supply Chain Directors and wider supply chain leadership team.
- be a key player in the management reporting (weekly/periodic/quarterly), forecast/budgeting and financial year ends.
- Develop and drive a business partnering approach which delivers insight and challenge to the operational management team and the wider business.
- Train, motivate and develop the accounts team.
- Lead and manage the development of reporting, both for Finance users and all other stakeholders across the business.
- Supervise the production of the weekly and periodic financial information including KPI and variance reporting with a high level of insight.
- Oversee the production of Monthly management accounts with engagement with the operation teams to ensure key trends are identified and all necessary actions taken on a timely basis.
- Provide insight and challenge to drive the business forward.
- Oversee the generation and presentation of Budget/Forecast information.
- Engage with the local operation teams and wider leadership team to ensure the quality of the budget/forecast information is at a high standard.
- Provide insight into trends and challenge business performance.
- Provide a business partnering role to the Transport and Warehouse Management team
- Provide financial input for all areas of supply chain.
- Provide financial insight and apply the appropriate level of challenge through business engagement.
Manage the Team
- Responsible for the training and development of all members of the team.
- Responsible for the effective management of the workload within the team to ensure all divisional requirements and deadlines are met.
- Ensure the team have the resources and support needed to deliver in their role and to achieve their objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and advice to the team as appropriate.
- Monitor and provide feedback on performance on an on-going basis through Performance Development Reviews and monthly 1-2-1’s.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- 2 years’ post qualification experience working in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Previous experience of managing a team of people to achieve results
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, especially with respect to large data sets
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to agreed deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good knowledge of Accounting Standards and practices
- Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and an achievement orientated approach to results.