Job ref: 14895
Location: SuperValu Limavady
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 4 December 2023
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain. We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We are now inviting applications for the position of Supervisor, Supervalu Limavady.
The role is Part time 16 hour, Permanent contract. The successful candidate must be flexible to work evenings and weekends.
This type of role will have an agreed shift pattern set within the store opening hours. Shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to discuss working hours and shift patterns in further detail at the interview. Candidates must be able to travel to the Store via car, public transport or other to fulfil shift requirements.
To assist in the day-to-day operational running of your designated store, as well as leading colleagues to go above and beyond to deliver excellent service to our customers.
- Support the store manager to maximise the store KPIs.
- Lead colleagues to adhere to company policies and practices including Health & Safety and Environmental Health Standards.
- Responsibility for managing the store in the absence of Store and Assistant Manager, including key holding.
- Act as an advocate of the company, role modelling our values daily for your colleagues.
- Delivery of excellent customer service and maintaining high standards within the store.
- Support with stock take preparation and counting as well as utilising action plans to improve stock take results.
- Manage and train colleagues in your team whilst being hands on, to ensure that the right people, are in the right place, doing the right job to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Occasional people management including conducting return to work interviews, colleague investigations and compliance with the Company`s employment policies.
- Support local community and our charity partners.
- You may be required to cover the Post Office, cash, deli, or other areas within the store, with appropriate training, as and when required as part of this role.
What’s in it for you?
- Weekly paid.
- Enhanced maternity pay, eligibility applies.
- Paternity pay, eligibility applies.
- Employee Assist Programme
- Wellbeing incentives
- Discount card for store shopping, for you and your nominated user.
- Learning and development opportunities for career progression.
- Company uniform
- As well as extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a busy retail sales-based environment and or similar role
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C or above (or equivalent) and or further education in related discipline i.e. retail, management or supervisory qualification
- Demonstrate communication & interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Proven experience in the areas of stock control, people skills, cost control, rota planning
- Good working knowledge of fresh food retail
Musgrave is an equal opportunities employer.
We encourage applications from diverse candidates. If we can make any accommodations to enable you to be the best version of yourself during the interview, please let us know