Job ref: 12940
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Location: Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 25 October 2021
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Shift Manager to join the Blanchardstown Supply Chain team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the successful candidate will lead, manage and motivate the shift
- Managing all shift resources to ensure adequate availability at all times to facilitate the effective running of the shift to the required standard
- Coordinating all warehouse shift activities (days, evenings, nights) in line with set targets and KPIs, to ensure effective cost control
- Assist with recruitment and selection to meet business needs.
- Assist in identifying training and development needs in line with business objectives.
- Utilise resources to maximise efficiency and productivity.
- Lead the warehouse shift team to deliver a best-in-class service to our customers.
- Manage and ensure adherence and compliance of operational processes within the business
- Ensure effective communication within the operational teams and implement practices which supports the engagement of employees in line with the Musgrave values
- Maintain a working environment in line with legislation to include Health & Safety, Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Monitoring and investigation of claims and implementation of appropriate plans to reduce instances of customer complaints and claims
- Liaising with customer representatives to promote continued successful partnerships.
- Managing customer credit process and optimisation of customer relationships in conjunction with our telesales operation
- Ensuring service continuity at peak seasonal times
- Implementation and maintenance of quality management systems and processes as an integral part of day-to-day operations
- Monitoring operations systems to ensure that the warehouse processes and stock integrity are maintained at all times
- Coordinating action plans for improvements in quality processes or systems
- Ensuring adherence to Food Safety standards
Health and Safety
- Ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of all colleagues on shift
- Manage and conduct work activities in such a way as to ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of all employees / contractors
- Manage and conduct work activities in such a way as to prevent any improper conduct or behaviour likely to endanger employees
- Ensure strict adherence to all H&S, HACCP & Hygiene processes and procedures for the site
Continuous Operational Improvement
- Monitoring customer claims / errors, identifying the root causes and implementing the steps to remedy via an appropriate programme of claim / error reduction
- Working with the H&S department to reduce accidents and incidents in the workplace
- Implementing key improvement initiatives in operational productivity, capacity and environmental awareness
- Ensuring compliance to CSR policies
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 3-5 years management level (or higher)
- 3-5 years experience in leading a team
- Proven track record of effective resource management to maximise productivity
- Proven track record of people management
- Proven track record of cost control
- Proven track record of managing operation processes
- Strong Communication and engagement skills.
- Flexibility to operate across shift patterns.
- Ability to manage operational team effectively to drive accuracy and productivity
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of warehouse systems
- Experience in retail / foodservice distribution desirable