Job ref: 13598
Job Type: Sales & Development
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 10 July 2022
Retail Business Development Manager - Dublin Region
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive.
We have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager - Retail to join our Sales team covering the Dublin Region.
Key responsibilities of the role (but not limited to):
- Exceed agreed territory sales budget and stretch budget and margin targets for the Retail business.
- Develop the territory by managing a prospect list to secure new retail customers linked to the current commercial plan
- Maintain all accounts within Musgrave’s credit terms.
- Maintain Territory Management costs within allocated budgets, through good time management, resources management, and the most effective call pattern for each customer Ensure excellent customer service through friendly, accurate field communication and good administration practices.
- Complete all administration e.g.4-week journey plans achievement report, weekly sales reports, record cards and gains and losses report.
- Manage customer margin targets in line with overall territory targets
- Sales Blitz activity as required as part of a company overall sales drive
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Full clean driving licence
- 3 + years’ experience in proactive field sales and achieved targets (preferrably in a Retail environment)
- The ability to demonstrate and evidence a strong track record in sales and/ or the securing of new business
- The ability to build long term relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills face to face level
- The ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Competent in MS Office
- Strong working knowledge of the independent grocery retail sector in Ireland
- Sales Training