Job ref: 12912
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 29 October 2021
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Reorder Manager to join our Marketplace team.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of our Waterford MarketPlace Branch and region, the main duties of this role include the following but not limited to:
- Ensure stock levels are maintained within targeted KPIs to include 100% must stock, 99% promotion availability.
- Maintaining an accurate stock file on site and ensuring all stock adjustments completed in line with SOP’s.
- The effective date management of all ambient and chilled products on site to ensure wastage targets are achieved in line with achieving lowest cost.
- Ensuring stock appreciation targets are achieved in line with growing our business.
- Responsible for managing slow moving, inactivate and obsolete lines.
- Responsibility, in conjunction with the local Management team, for accurate completion of cycle counting and stock takes.
- Measurement of inbound / outbound service levels.
- Forecasting on promotional activity across all channels (includes of anticipation of seasonal trends)
- Identify and target margin opportunities (bulk buys/ cross border trading/promotion purchasing etc), ensure margin protection and achieve margin targets.
- Organise and implement local promotions / trading for the site that contributes to the branch budgeted sales.
- Ensure all promotions are in line with the Better Offer Better Buying programme and that all promotional offers are available throughout promotion cycles. And ensure replenishment of stock is in line with the updated range policy as per the Better Offer Better Buying programme.
- Negotiation and maximisation of local trading opportunities with suppliers.
- Provide input into MarketPlace promotions e.g. Killer deals (regular attendance at Monthly Promotions meetings)
- Provide timely and effective feedback to the central Re-Order and trading team (supplier issues / promotional effectiveness and competitor activity)
- Liaise with the sales team and local management teams to ensure effective maximisation of range.
- Scheduling of deliveries with suppliers in conjunction with Goods Inwards
- Full utilisation of management information systems.
- Work as part of the wider site management team to support the efficient running of the business e.g. duty management, department cover etc
- Build and sustain a high performing engaged team by providing clear direction, stretch targets, regular reviews to manage all levels of performance (proactively manage under performance and recognise and encourage high performance).
- Demonstrate the Musgrave leadership skills and values holding self and others accountable for meeting and exceeding objectives. Maximise the potential of team members to encourage and sponsor talent to ensure succession within the branch and across the Group.
- Ensure departments are appropriately resourced to achieve maximum efficiencies and productivity in most cost effective manner.
- Ongoing training and development of all colleagues.
- Communicate clearly and positively to engage all colleagues to ensure they understand their role in delivering the brand (business/branch objectives).
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar management role within a Wholesale or retail environment
- 3rd level business related qualification
- Experience of forecasting activity and supplier management
- Excellent numerical ability and a high level of computer skills
- Outstanding leadership skills and organizational agility, demonstrated success in driving results.
- Ability to engage, communicate and influence at all levels.
- Excellent business acumen and numerical ability with an understanding of commercial sensitivities
- Thorough approach to work/attention to detail
- Standards and KPI focused
- Strong negotiation skills