Job ref: 11788
Job Type: Trading
Location: Tramore Road, Cork
Contract type: Contract
Closing Date: 25 September 2020
A position of a Range Planner has become available within our Trading Department. The main function of this role is to support the Range Planning Managers in the delivery of the Range Calendar, creation of Planograms, supporting macro space projects and providing ranging / merchandising solutions for defined categories. The range planner will develop plans in line with the category strategy to ensure that all categories range and space targets are delivered.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating of Planograms based on product performance, consumer research, and optimum product mix and on shelf position.
- Maintaining and refreshing planograms in support of the range review process and Food Leadership agenda
- Ensuring that all plans are kept live and current.
- Physical construction of ranges in the merchandising centre
- Coordinating the implementation of plans in trial / control stores in support of the Range Planning & Trading Manager to assess effectiveness of plans.
- Coordinating retailer communications on category plans to ensure that they are understood and implemented in accordance with the plan.
- Maintaining & utilising the Apollo system to planogram and report by format / store / store cluster / product.
- Ensuring range insight is developed and extracted from the Apollo system and reflected in plangoram creation.
- Supporting the Range Planning Manager in post launch performance analysis and action planning.
- Supporting the Range & Space Project Manager as required
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Ideal candidates will have experience of utilising specialist software for the development of planograms for the retail industry
- A working knowledge of merchandising principles and implementation practices would be an advantage.
- Retail experience (on the shop floor) would also be an advantage
- Sound analytical skills coupled with excellent planning and organising abilities and a strong commercial customer focus are required in this role.
- Ability to influence key internal and external stakeholders to deliver for the business.