Job ref: 11994
Job Type: Trading
Location: Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30 January 2021
Products Regulatory Officer
Musgrave is Ireland`s leading food retail and wholesale company. Our retail brands include SuperValu, Centra, Daybreak, and Mace in Northern Ireland. In addition, Musgrave MarketPlace is Ireland`s leading wholesale supplier to retail, foodservice and SMEs. We are continuously changing and expanding our brand portfolio, with more recent brands including Frank & Honest Coffee, La Rousse Foods and Drinks Inc. Our values are long-term stable relationships, achievement, not being greedy, honest, and working hard. There are real progression opportunities within our business for those looking for a long term career.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring food product details captured are technically correct in order for MWP to meet our legal obligation as per the EU Regulation EU 1169/2011. This requires MWP to demonstrate that the product information we display on-line or directly to our customers on all products is accurate.
- To align the Musgrave Wholesale Partners policies to Food Information Regulator (FIR) and food product specific pending requirements and supporting the business with its plans (Daybreak Store standards, F2Go Concepts, Managing Product Information data for National Accounts (e.g. Circle K, HSE, SSP, etc.). Thus, ensuring that the customer/market needs and industry standards are met.
- Communicating the MWP requirements relating to this to all relevant internal stakeholders. Responding to technical queries on these requirements.
Systems Development & Data Management:
- Manages the development of the MWP PRD with the IT team to ensure it holds data in a format that meets regulatory requirements. Continuously evaluating the functionality of this system and identifying development needs as roll out new food information regulatory requirements are evolving. Working with IT to ensure system is developed to provide Customer access to the required Customer Specific product information, and data that they need to run their businesses efficiently.
- Supplier Management - Liaising with suppliers, to ensure all relevant FIR product information is captured on the MWP product database. QA Technical expert to manage process of reviewing content of Product Specifications with Suppliers to ensure content provides detail required continues to meet FIR requirements. Audit and assess that suppliers are complying to agreed SOP for provision of data. Managing supplier due diligence documentation to prove accuracy of data.
- New Line Listing Process – gate keeper responsible for reviewing New Line Forms prior to uploading data to the MWP Product Data system (PRD / PIM)
- Manages the integrity of data on the MWP PRD / PIM for all food lines listed. Ensuring interface with on-line store is completed. Testing system to verify this. Conducting validation assessments on product technical information on New Line Advice forms v’s specs v’s label.
- Maintain APL allergen information for Daybreak on the Retailer Zone.
Internal & External Customer Service:
- Supports the On-line Trading Executive with queries on FIR compliance. Evaluating On-line to ensure it is meeting legal requirements for Distance Selling of food products.
- Provide Trading Manager(s) with timely review of compliance requests (e.g. label checks) to ensure compliance to Food Information Regulatory requirements.
- Support Foodservice BDM’s / National / Key accounts with proposals / tenders by providing Product Information required when completing tenders to win ‘new’ business.
- Provide product information reports and updates for existing National Accounts (Circle K, SSP, TGI Friday’s, Starbucks, etc.) to agreed timeframes / contractual agreements.
- Support MWP BDM’s (Foodservice & Retail) in responding to customer queries on FIR requirements. Offers technical support in the investigation and resolution of Customer / Enforcement authorities compliance queries / non-conformance in the provision of information by a food business operator (e.g. Daybreak, Circle K, Starbuck, SSP)
- Labelling expert for the team, supporting key functions such as Grey Trade; and projects such as the Digital Platform Project (PIM)
Education & Training:
- Roll out of engagement sessions on Allergens / Calories on Menus to ensure key stakeholders are familiar with requirements of the Food Information initiatives our customers have undertaken.
- Review and update Quality System documentation for Daybreak & Independent Retail (DayToday) to support the business development of FIR compliance requirements and future pending requirements (e.g. Calories on Menus).
Support continued improvement in Daybreak store standards by providing technical support to the Fresh Food Advisors in compliance to current FIR compliance requirements.
Providing as necessary Guidance Packs for MWP Retailers & Fast-food Symbol store Operators on how to handle current FIR requirements and pending ones (e.g. Calories on Menus; and the other Marketing Standards in the advertisement of foods that are being proposed under the National Health Strategy).
- Work on required projects with the Quality Team to improve and drive the Quality initiatives within the business. Representing the Quality Department on teams across the business, to influence on Quality issues.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Education and Experience:
- Strong technical food functionality knowledge is essential
- Understanding of Product Specifications requirements
- Good knowledge of Labelling regulations
- PC literate in Microsoft applications including Power Point, Words and Excel.
- Previous Experience of Spec Management Software packages.
- Aware and engaged in the latest food issues.
- Aware and engaged in current and future food/consumer legislation.
- Minimum 18 months in Food Technical Role
- Food Science / Food Technology Degree, or equivalent
- Proficient use of MS Office tools including Power Point, Words and Excel.
- Excellent Communication skills, conveying technical information and concepts in verbal, written and presentation format.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and differentiate between urgent and important
- Problem Solver – identify risks and initiate solutions.
- Able to influence key decisions makers within internal / external hierarchy.