Job ref: 11162
Job Type: Trading
Location: Tramore Road, Cork
Closing Date: 23 February 2020
Own Brand Product Developer
We are inviting applications for an Own Brand Product Developer to join our team of Developers in our Own Brand Centre of Excellence based in Cork. This is a 4 day week role.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant Own Brand Team that develops and markets leading retail Own Brand products, both food and non-food, including SuperValu, Centra and Musgrave Excellence brands.
The role involves working closely with Product Technologists and Trading Managers to launch award winning products across a broad range of categories. Working within a team of technical professionals, you will get involved in the latest innovation projects, ensuring new products are technically safe and legal with the correct specifications. To succeed in this role, you will need a food technology/science background and be able to apply your knowledge in a commercially aware way.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all Own Brand Products are consistently delivering for the consumer while meeting the agreed standards for the product.
- Benchmarking of products in the market place.
- Conduct market research to identify range gaps, together with Trading develop and launch these lines to market using Stage Gate Process.
- Liaise with design team to develop on pack design
- Ensure 100% compliance with all policies and legislation
- Compliance with stage gate product development process
- Ensure that the Process and Product are protected and continuously improved
- Develop a clear and concise understanding of the business priorities and playing a vital part in delivering the guiding principle of lowest cost.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Third level degree in Food Technology, Food Science or Food Business
- Excellent project management skills with a proven record of such.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- 3 years hands on experience in the FMCG sector/food manufacturing/retailer environment in a transferable role such as Development/Project Management/ Technical
- The ability to work individually, as well as part of a large, cross functional team
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A love of food and the latest trends
Functional hands on experience in:
- Supplier and product selection
- Product quality optimization
- Supplier negotiation
- Project management and planning
- Process oriented, required to demonstrate strong organisational, analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Application of benchmarking and lean techniques
- Computerised specification systems
- Legislation, legal labels, product specifications, Product and packaging cost modelling