Job ref: 10666
Job Type: Sales & Development
Closing Date: 17 September 2020
To develop and grow sales and margin within the Fresh Meat category - including beef, poultry, lamb and pork in line with budgetary requirements.
- To work closely with the Category Manager for Chilled and Frozen Foods by contributing to the development of fresh produce in line with agreed budgetary and sales targets that are aligned with business needs and requirements.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- To achieve agreed budgets on an annual basis.
- To ensure that correct communication processes exist in order for Musgrave Wholesale Services to exploit its unique point of difference in the market place regarding fresh meat.
- To inform the trading team of any pricing/ market intelligence from competitors in order that we can take the necessary action to remain competitive in the marketplace.
- To assist in the development of the most appropriate pricing strategy for the fresh meat category
- To ensure all price files/ contracts are kept up to date ensuring the maintenance of the best possible margin.
- To develop effective communication processes with the sales function so as to allow sales leads to be managed effectively and to ensure successful conversion of leads to sales turnover
- To manage the initial sales approach to customers, development of customer specific specifications, delivery day requirements, telesales routing, delivery scheduling routing and pricing structure.
- To increase sales and margin of all fresh meat customers through `up selling` and `cross selling` of all fresh categories.
- To conduct quarterly/ half yearly reviews with all clients to ensure complete satisfaction and to introduce new lines or new categories.
- To liaise with the Telesales Manager to ensure all fresh meat customers are ordering on a consistent basis and also to obtain customer feedback on service and quality.
- To ensure effective relationships with suppliers is established.
- To ensure quality produce is selected and conforms to Musgrave Wholesale Services quality and service standards.
- Full clean driving licence
- Demonstrate clear knowledge and experience of working in the food industry, particularly specialising in the meat category
- Proven track record in proactive field sales and achieved targets
- Proven ability to manage a customer base and develop new business
- Proven track record in selling large product range
- Ability to manage customer profitability (price/margin)
- Persuasive Selling and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent questioning and listening skills
- Commercial awareness.
- Administration skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Reporting), planning and time management skills.
- Customer focused with an ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Ability to change, adapt and be flexible