Job ref: 12034
Job Type: IT
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 9 March 2021
IT Support - On site
Musgrave is Ireland`s leading food retail and wholesale company. Our retail brands include SuperValu, Centra, Daybreak, and Mace in Northern Ireland. In addition, Musgrave MarketPlace is Ireland`s leading wholesale supplier to retail, foodservice and SMEs. We are continuously changing and expanding our brand portfolio, with more recent brands including Frank & Honest Coffee, La Rousse Foods and Drinks Inc. Our values are long-term stable relationships, achievement, not being greedy, honest, and working hard.
To manage IT systems for La Rousse foods, including multiple systems, vendors, and locations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to ensure adequate IT support services are in place for 100+ business users, including IT infrastructure services, application management, database management and desktop services
- This is primarily a coordination and vendor management role, with specialist services being provided by IT third parties. You will manage our hardware and software support contractors and partners.
- You will ensure all internal IT procedures are up-to-date and followed, with an annual external audit to assess quality of procedures.
- Responsible for the administration and controls of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and transfers to our business partners.
- Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of SQL Server and an understanding of file transfer mechanisms such as secure FTP and AS2.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2-3 years of experience providing day to day user and general technical support including helpdesk, systems, equipment and network management.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Vendor management experience / working with 3rd party managed services providers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A working knowledge and practical experience with software and hardware configuration management processes.
- A solid technical background with varied and broad infrastructure knowledge.
- A high aptitude for understanding & learning the functions and capabilities of new technologies, software packages and end to end business processes.
Relevant Technical Skills:
- Report generation and management.
- Knowledge of MS SQL server database services.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV or ERP solution.
- Experience assisting in the management of an hardware comprising servers, network switches, LAN, WAN, telephone systems and associated cabling.
- Excellent technical analysis and collaborative customer problem solving techniques.