Job ref: 13585
Job Type: IT
Location: Ireland (Hybrid)
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 8 July 2022
IT Director for Sales Technology
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a IT Director for Sales Technology to join our IT Leadership team and be a member of the Retail Leadership Team.
The IT Director for Sales Technology is responsible for aligning IT to business strategy across the business, leading the Sales Technology team and driving the IT element of key strategic initiatives such as Retailer Profitability, Store of the Future etc. The IT Director will manage the relationship between the Sales divisions and IT. The IT Director will determine and implement new technology stack for existing businesses and acquired/new businesses and manage relationships with Retailers, Wholesale Customers, Retail Councils and other customer forums.
As IT Director, you will be customer centric, always looking at our customers with fresh eyes and develop solution concepts and business cases for improvement.
You will act as a key liaison across your customers, the IT organisation and IT Vendors, securing alignment and cohesive behaviour. You will use your broad knowledge of most technical and business resources to effectively coordinate team members and external resources. You will participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes, prepare and administer divisional/functional IT budgets and provide recommendations on desired policies and goals.
You will enhance the pace of delivery for technical solutions through an aligned vision and empowered team. You will provide thought leadership about the future of retail technology and ensuring our c.1000 retail partners are equipped to stay at the forefront of retailing in Ireland. You will perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans/cases as necessary for presenting to investment committee and senior management. You will support change delivery with optimum route to value to create quick and successful outcomes
You will seek out and promote innovation, challenge existing ways of doing things and identify opportunities for improvements. You will facilitate the investment intake process and the high-level planning and execution of change initiatives though the use of technology, serving a lead role in enabling their divisions/functions to achieve its objectives.
You will act as a primary contact for assigned divisions/functions, simplifying communication and support and continually identifying opportunities for process and organisational simplifications.
You will support divisions/functions with identification of all technology needs and agreeing prioritisation of delivery.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will have/be:
- 10 years+ progressive experience in commercial IT Leadership roles in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of leading delivery of complex business technology projects
- Proven experience in team leadership
- Experience owning and managing a department budget
- Experience partnering with and leading third party and hybrid teams
- Experience in process engineering/business analysis
- Commercially focused with an ability to translate all delivery to value
- Highly organised, structured and performance driven
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills with the ability to collaborate and influence effectively at all levels across the business and to get things done
- Ability to build and sustain relationships that deliver results and effectively collaborative with diverse teams
- Personable, pro-active, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional outcomes
- Able to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Strong people leadership skills and ability to develop people
- Adaptable, willing to take on tasks outside of immediate area of responsibility
- A degree or corresponding relevant experience in the IT domain
Musgrave is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from diverse candidates. If we can make any accommodations to enable you to be the best version of yourself during the interview, please let us know.