Job ref: 13110
Job Type: Human Resources
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 25 January 2022
HR Officer - Cedarglade
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the HR services for the Cedarglade Company Owned stores.
As HR Officer, you will maintain, enhance and deliver HR services to the Company Owned stores, supporting and enabling the team to achieve their business objectives. You will support the delivery of the HR strategy. This includes compliance, engagement, training and administration. You will be responsible for preparing weekly KPI reports for the HR Business Partner and wider management team, highlighting current trends and take ownership of remedial actions.
Areas of responsibility include the following:
- Single point of contact for all HR support and queries.
- Management of payroll information and pay related queries.
- Provide guidance and information to stores ensuring policies are adhered to.
- Ensure stores are compliant with regulatory, legal and policy requirements, including regularly auditing employee records.
- Contributing member of the Cedarglade HR team.
- Support the Recruitment and Administration Officer to ensure optimum resourcing levels.
- Ensure that appropriate mandatory, personal training and development plans are in place for each employee.
- Promote a harmonious working atmosphere in store through proactive employee communication and Employee Relations problem resolution.
- Develop and implement appropriate and effective employee engagement initiatives.
Training and Development:
- Ensure that all employees receive an induction, initial, and on-going training in accordance with the Stores’ training and development plans;
- Support management with the completion of the Training Needs Analysis (TNA) of all employees on an annual basis.
- Support stores with the management of probation periods.
- Maintain employee attendance, holiday and leave records.
- Assist in or conduct relevant investigations, grievances and disciplinary meetings.
- Inform the Store Manager/ HRBP of all employee related issues that arise.
- Promote harmonious relationships in stores by the implementation of appropriate communications.
- Ensure all internal and external communications are conducted in accordance with Company policy.
- Support the delivery of Company-wide engagement activities.
- Discharge any other such duties as may be required of you from time to time.
- Manage through and promote the Company values
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a HR role.
- CIPD qualification (or working towards it).
- A third level qualification in Business, HR or related field.
- Working knowledge of employment legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels across the business.
- An understanding of how to achieve business KPIs and targets.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and deliver high quality results.
- A team player with proved resilience and ability to adapt to change.
- Full driving license.