Job ref: 12255
Job Type: Human Resources
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
HR Business Partner
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an excellent opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join our team in Northern Ireland.
As HR Business Partner, you will partner with the Supply Chain teams across three sites to proactively provide the full range of HR services that enable the teams to achieve their business objectives and ensure effective people management practices are in place. You will support the development of a positive and engaging culture and environment across the sites, working with the Management Teams and colleagues to deliver appropriate organisational initiatives and change programmes. You will provide support to managers on all people policies and practices ensuring best practice across the business.
Main responsibilities include (not limited to):
HR Business Partner Support
- Provide HR business support to the Supply Chain Management Teams as the HR lead for NI Supply Chain. This will include working with, coaching and supporting the management team on all people and HR related matters such as culture development, engagement, development, employee relations, industrial relations, performance management, succession etc.
- Work with the Supply Chain teams to facilitate, measure and continually improve team effectiveness and motivation, people management practices and processes and advise on actions/initiatives to enhance these.
- Work with the management team to promote and ensure effective use of engagement and communication processes/mechanisms and provide proactive input for improvement in this area to support the development of a positive and engaging culture and environment for all colleagues.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on the application of HR policies. best practice, employment law and IR.
- Advise managers in relation to employee relations matters including all HR processes.
- Manage Employment Tribunal process where required
- Be a resource to individual employees as appropriate: provide advice and support as required, facilitate problem solving, be point of contact.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with union representatives to foster positive culture, ensure issues are managed effectively and ensure business objectives are delivered.
- Lead and support union engagements in IR issues, pay etc as required.
- Provide support for HR wide initiatives and lead network wide HR projects as required.
Resourcing, Budgets & Payroll
- Work with the Supply Chain Management Teams to ensure resource needs are identified and met.
- Work with the Resourcing COE to support recruitment activities (interviewing, onboarding support)
- Work with the Finance team to review the payroll budgets for all departments
- Review and approve weekly and salaried payroll ensuring accurate payments and processes and legislative changes are being followed e.g. National Minimum Wage increases
- Lead the team to ensure that they have the skill sets, resources and support needed to deliver in their roles, achieve objectives and operate in a manner consistent with our values.
- Ensure appropriate performance review, development and succession management systems are operating effectively to develop and retain the requisite skilled resources to meet current and future business needs.
- Set team objectives, review and provide feedback on performance on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will be/have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a progressive HR Manager/Business Partner role in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years’ experience of a managing an IR environment, supporting resolution of IR/ER issues, managing relations with unions and managing union engagements.
- A third level qualification in Business, HR or related subject
- Working knowledge of employment legislation with the ability to confidently and competently advise on same.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills with the ability to interact and influence effectively at all levels across the business and to get things done.
- Strong coaching skills with the ability to build strong relationships and build trust with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven project management skills with experience managing change programmes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and deliver high quality results.
- A team player with proven resilience and ability to adapt to change.
- Full driving license
- CIPD membership
- Experience in Wholesale / Retail industry
Musgrave is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from diverse candidates. If we can make any accommodations to enable you to be the best version of yourself during the interview, please let us know.