Job ref: 12293
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Location: Tramore Road, Cork
Contract type: Contract
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
HGV Artic Driver
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We are delighted to be able to expand the driving team based from our Tramore Road Retail Depot and are now hiring for a Artic Driver with an attractive salary and benefits package.
The ideal candidate should have at least 1 year of experience driving articulated vehicles with full CPC courses completed. You will work well with others, be flexible and be able to remain focused whilst working under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities with include:
- Providing an effective, efficient and flexible service to all suppliers, customers and colleagues by carrying out all functions relating to driving duties, including timely deliveries, accurate administration and adherence to EU Transport Legislation
- Building good working relationships with our retailers and be a brand ambassador for the company.
- Working with refrigerated vehicles, ambient trailers and curtainsiders trailers.
- Being responsible for the general upkeep and security of the vehicle/tractor unit and trailer unit which reflects the positive image of the company and food distribution.
- Being responsible for safety, showing courtesy to other road users and complying with the rules of the road.
- Communicating with management in terms of any problems, arranging loads, reporting accidents and any other occasions where such contact is necessary.
- Checking and completing all invoices and paperwork on time & in spec
- Checking and reporting loads / products and vehicles for defects
- Ensuring your route and customer knowledge is up to date and adhering to assigned route schedule
- Adhering to all Basic Food Safety & HACCP requirements
- Adhering to all Health & Safety legislation
- Completing multi drop within City Centre locations and country wide
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- At least 1 years HGV experience
- CPC Courses up to date and completed
- Full clean E + C class Licence
- Knowledge of EU Transport Legislation
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Ability to work to set deadlines and to self-motivate
- Ambient, chill and frozen distribution knowledge
- Good Road knowledge of Munster and surrounding areas
- Proven experience in high standards of customer service
- Manual Handling Certification
- A Basic Food Safety Certification and/or HACCP is also desirable but not essential
We will be reviewing CVs as and when they come in and inviting successful applicants interview and driving assessment.