Job ref: 12840
Job Type: Commercial
Location: Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 26 September 2021
Food Safety & Quality Technical Specialist
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We are currently recruiting for a Food Safety & Quality Technical Specialist to join our Food Safety and Quality team in our Blanchardstown central distribution centre. This role involves shift work.
This role is responsible for providing Food Safety & Quality support at each of the stages along the supply chain, including grower/source, supplier, warehouse, product management, Marketplace and Customer, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with Fresh Produce Trading Manager to ensure Fresh Produce suppliers comply with food safety regulatory requirements, and are approved to agreed timeline to meet target of NPD development plans
- Approval of new Fresh Produce suppliers through vendor questionnaire, arranging a site audit to check elements of their FS&Q system. Setting up assessment schedules for key suppliers of Fresh Produce, carry out audits & assessments in line with the schedules. Reviewing quality performance of products during Supplier visits.
- Fresh Produce Technical NPD / EPD – manage plan and process of agreeing Fresh Produce specifications with suppliers and through to successful launch with customer. Maintain Produce Specifications for the range.
- Responsibility for Quality System documentation required for handling and managing Fresh Produce, including Spec (QAS) for in-house SOP’s & QC documentation.
- Perform product testing/auditing at CDC backdoor in accordance with agreed testing schedules, procedures & specifications
- Facilitating measuring & reduction of quality supplier KPI’s namely Complaints, Rejections, Audit scores, and internal product assessments. Liaise with suppliers to action any improvement or non-conformance issues. Feedback to the Trading Manager on any critical issues.
- QC testing of Own Brand products to agreed sampling plan against Quality Assessment Specifications, and effective closure of non-conformances with suppliers
- Manage QA investigation process for Customer Fresh Produce Quality Complaints and Supplier Non-conformances by coordinating the investigation process with Suppliers and Warehouse Operations.
- Implementation of food safety and quality initiatives within MWP depots assigned to this role. Ensure CDC Supply Chain Team comply with the food safety and quality standards required for handling product
- Carryout Marketplace Visits to check compliance to key food safety & quality criteria for Fresh Produce. Issuing report to the Fresh Produce Champion and working with them to close out CAPA. Conduct Retail store visits to support retail team in resolution of quality issues.
- Audit & review PRP operational practices in the CDC to ensure they meet MWP’s requirements. Issue Corrective Action Reports (CAR’s) based on findings of audit, Implement plans for the close out and resolution of these CAR’s with the Operations Team.
- Completion of Project work as directed by the Food Safety Quality Team to improve Food Safety and Quality initiatives within the business.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will most of the following skills and qualifications:
- Science/ Food Science Qualification Essential
- Technical Quality experience in Fresh Produce
- Auditing techniques
- ISO/ HACCP systems knowledge
- Flexibility, quick learner, problem solver, good communication and good organisational skills.
- Full Driver’s License and access to own car is desirable