Job ref: 10802
Job Type: Trading
Location: Ballymun, Dublin 11
Closing Date: 28 November 2019
Food Safety and Quality Manager Supply Chain
Management of food safety compliance in the supply chain operation for CDC Blanchardstown and the seven Cross Docks depots in the Musgrave Wholesale Partners Network.
To oversee the implementation and manage the maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) for Musgrave Wholesale Partners supply chain network in accordance with current legislation, ISO22000 / FSSC 22000 and customer codes of practice.
- To ensure the procedures outlined in the QMS are adhered to, and food safety records, KPIs and risk assessments are completed as required, therefore ensuring the Market Place CDC Blanchardstown and its network has a functioning QMS system.
- Technical lead and point of contact for both external and internal auditors for advice on food safety operational procedure requirements. To advise them on the legislative provisions that are applicable.
- Ensure that warehouse meet requirement of HSE, and DAFM, liaising with the relevant statutory authorities on food safety as required.
- Prepare warehouses for external audits and lead audit at time of inspections. External accreditations include FSSC 22000 / ISO 22000, EIQA Hygiene Mark
- Documentation system management co-ordinator, managing QMS documentation. The gate keeper of document control system to ensure any revision to the current QMS documents or addition of new procedures, risk assessments, records, are carried out in line with QMS requirements.
- To maintain and improve the QMS, and report on metrics that indicate compliance to food safety requirements. Responsible for site communication on compliance trends - regularly issuing the Food Safety Dashboard
- Design and manage the implementation of the audit processes to ensure full compliance across the network. Ensuring agreed audit schedules are adhered to.
- Verification and calibration of sites compliance Auditors outputs
- Issue Audit trend reports based on findings of audits (internal & external). Co-ordinate plans for the close out and resolution of these AFI`s. Report performance back to the business to ensure management team are actioning.
- Verification of Pre-requisite Programmes, HACCP & Policies to a defined schedule
- Verification that the OSOP`s, ASPO`s competency assessment schedule is adhered to by Operations and Transport appointed team leads / supervisors
- To advise HR and supply chain team management on Food Safety training requirements. Managing the review of food safety training material content for WIBIT, and HACCP for Manager & Supervisors.
Assessing WIBIT Trainer`s delivery to ensure consistency in delivery of content is achieved by all allocated Trainers
- Responsible for site Food Safety CI Management, continually striving to implement best practice.
- Co-ordinate the investigation of food safety operational issues by the Operations and Transport teams, as required.
- To report to the FS&Q Manager and Supply Chain Director as required on the status and progress of the QMS`s compliance to regulatory & FSSC 22000 standards
- Work on required projects with the Quality Team to improve and drive the Quality initiatives within the business. Representing the Quality Department across the business, to influence on Quality issues.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Proficient use of MS Office tools including Power Point, Words and Excel.
Excellent Communication skills, conveying technical information and concepts in verbal, written and presentation format.
Ability to prioritize workloads and differentiate between urgent and important
Problem Solver - identify risks and initiate solutions.
Able to influence key decisions makers within internal / external hierarchy. Confident and able to assert yourself with suppliers and colleagues
Full Clean Driving licence
5+ years in Food Technical Role (ideally with Chill / Freeze products)
Strong technical food functionality knowledge is essential
Proven track record in managing food safety and compliance in a retail / manufacturing environment
Demonstrate a broad understanding of food production, and distribution.
Working knowledge of HACCP planning and its application
Understand and experience in implementing and managing QMS and a good working knowledge of a GFSI standard (e.g. BRC, FSSC 22000 or equivalent)
Food Safety Auditing experience
Education:Education: Food Science / Food Technology Degree, or equivalent