Job ref: 13154
Job Type: Finance
Location: Lucan, Co. Dublin
Contract type: Contract
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our Finance team.
The role will lead the Musgrave Retail Services Local Finance team & will provide commercial and strategic support to the management team and other business stakeholders as required. It will have 5 direct reports. The role will be both structured & varied delivering to changing business needs. This role will report to the Head of Finance.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Overall accountability for the MRS financial numbers, including signing off Weekly P&L’s, Quarterly Hard closes, etc.
- Ownership of certain balance sheet accounts that require an area of judgement, e.g. Loyalty, stock provision, Impairment, Onerous Leases
- Overall responsibility for the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process including group submissions
- Supporting the Management team on the strategic vision of the business
- Provide & ensure business performance & BRM decks give insight on the drivers behind recent trading performance
- Provide support to the business when preparing business cases for store development & investment
- Weekly analysis of sales & margin giving clarity on causes of variances – presentation of same at the Driving Profitable Sales forum.
- Provide insight to the Sales & Operations team on the outliers of store or department versus the rest of the estate or trends in MRPI
- Assisting the transformation of the business through detailed analysis & provision of insightful information
- Provision of relevant financial information to other support functions and stores to support the agenda of driving profitability in each & every store
- Manage the local finance team & actively coach and develop the team members.
- Build and maintain cross functional relationships with other Support functions & with the Stores providing support on new and improved ways to drive improvement & profit for the MRS business
- Providing partnering support to business stakeholders on all business transformation initiatives from initial costings through to planning & implementation
- Ensure all initiatives highlighted by the program are managed effectively in line with plan
- Assist Head of Finance with ad-hoc projects as required including business modelling & risk assessments of proposed initiatives / risks
- Work closely with the MBS Retail team in relation to the management accounts
- Work closing with MBS Retail on an ongoing basis ensuring that the KPI reporting is in line with agreed SLA
- Ensure full compliance on company tax returns
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Good Stakeholder Management Experience
- Good organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent analytical mindset & highly numeric
- Excellent interpersonal skills - team player, influencer, leader
- Ability to drive change in the work environment - an innovator
- A self-motivated approach to work - can do attitude
- Flexible and dependable
- Ability to work under pressure, keep within tight deadlines and multi task
- Proven Ability to manage and develop people