Job ref: 13049
Job Type: Finance
Location: Airport Road, Co Cork
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 8 December 2021
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We are currently recruiting for an Accountant to join our Musgrave Business Services (La Rousse Foods) team, located in Musgrave Airport Road.
The role will be responsible for the following:
- General Balance Sheet and P&L accounting, working with other finance members of the LRF team and wider MWP Finance team
- Leading of the External Audit process for LRF
- Leading of the monthly FC calls providing AP summary data such as GRNI, invoices on hold, etc to MBS & LRF management
- Management of the control and governance frameworks including (but not limited to) MACSAC and Hard Close paper preparations
- Manage the LRF AP function (team of 2) to ensure an efficient Invoice to Payment process is maintained
- Support the LRF Commercial and Operations team with any Finance related requirements / queries
- Preparation of GL reconciliations
- Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) checks and governance
- Preparation and submission of Revenue required documents including the EC Sales ESL and Intrastat VAT return
- Complete creditor reconciliation reviews
- Support delivery of KPI Targets as set out in the Service Level Agreement
- Provide cover as required across the wider MBS Accounting functions
- Create and maintain procedure documentation
- Participate in training and development in own process area and other process areas within MBS as required
- Support the MBS Continuous Improvement Projects and other initiatives including the LRF Transformation project / migration to Oracle in 2022
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Experience of working in a large-scale organisation, ideally as part of a customer focused finance services team with a track-record of delivering high quality results
- Stakeholder management skills with ability to build relationships, internally and externally
- A self-motivated approach to work - can do attitude, Well organised to effectively prioritise and deliver high quality results
- Excellent analytical skills and excel skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail