Job ref: 12938
Job Type: Operations
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 25 October 2021
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Facilities Technician to join our Facilities team.
The purpose of this role is to support and assist the Facilities Team by organising and managing the reactive first line repairs across Musgrave Owned Retail stores (approx. 30 SuperValu & 10 Centra Stores), based out of Lucan Head Office. This will include general repairs and reactive maintenance to ensure the upkeep, repair and general maintenance of the 40 stores in terms of ‘day to day’ repairs (Buildings, minor electrical, plumbing, general maintenance jobs).Areas of responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Carry out all first line repairs within areas of expertise – general maintenance, pest proofing, plumbing, joinery, structural etc as per scope of duties detailed on attached as logged by the Facilities Helpdesk
- General maintenance (Plumbing, Leaks, Structural e.g. pest proofing, Painting, Locks, Doors, Presses, Blocked Drains, Blocked Toilets etc)
- Electrical maintenance (General Services, Lighting, Portable appliance testing)
- Order and maintain core materials required to complete tasks
- Assist facilities Management to ensure best use of available resources across all sites
- Maintain an efficient Administration system to ensure all the existing Facilities database is updated e.g. Work Order hours,material quantities and cost, response time, time to complete etc.
- Weekly review of Facilities Database to ensure issues are closed out and being managed proactively and on time.
- Reporting to Facilities Helpdesk on work orders which require 3rd party service provider support/completion
- Ensure compliance with H&S/legislative requirements
- Develop an asset register and management programme for all plant / equipment across sites and update Facilities database for managing repairs and maintenance.
- Assist Facilities Manager with implementation of minor projects as approved / directed
- Monitor/repor /engage to and with all project stakeholders on progress / performance as required
- SLA and KPI performance management
- Role may evolve to encompass additional facilities related areas over time
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- 3+ years technical experience in Electrical/ Maintenance repair role
- Must be a fully qualified electrician
- Full clean driving licence
- Communications skills
- Effective Meeting Skill
- Project Management Skills
- Decision-making skills
- MS Office
- Time Management