Job ref: 14758
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 27 September 2023
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Facilities Assistant.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager you will be required to support and assist the Supply Chain and Facilities Teams in Northern Ireland by organising and managing the first line repairs and maintenance of all equipment across the 3 Belfast sites. Based out of our Dargan / Duncrue and Drinks Inc. sites
The key responsibilities of this position include:
Carry out all first line repairs within areas of expertise from unblocking drains to bay doors / dock leveller repairs.
- Familiarise yourself with all plant / buildings and equipment on site and develop first line repair protocols for all.
- Complete PPM checks and inspections on non-specialist plant and equipment
- Liaise with N.I. & other IOI counterparts and share best practice learnings, standardise ways of working across Musgrave areas.
- Where outside area of expertise, organise for necessary repairs to be carried out.
- Assist facilities Manager / Supply Chain Management to ensure best use of available resources across the sites.
- Maintain an efficient Administration system to ensure all relevant paperwork is complete.
- Maintain asset register and management programme for all plant / equipment across sites and implement database for managing repairs and maintenance.
- Assist operations with implementation of projects as approved / directed
- Monitor / report / engage to and with all project stakeholders on progress / performance as required
- Co-ordinate the installation, commissioning for all new equipment.
- Co-ordinate the contractor safety programme process to ensure contractors coming on site are aware / adhering to Musgrave policy.
- Co-ordinate contractor/s on-site activities to ensure that the tasks are performed successfully and minimal disruption to operational activities.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and supervise where necessary facilities & plant maintenance contractors whilst on site.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Discipline.
- Knowledge experience in mechanical, plumbing, carpentry & general maintenance
- Full clean driving licence.
- 3+ years technical experience in Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance / Repair role.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good decision-making skills with the ability to solve problems in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent project management and negotiation / meeting skills.
- Ability to plan/organise own work and ensure others meet agreed deadlines.
- Flexibility in working hours where required.