Job ref: 12793
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 7 October 2021
Driver Class II
Musgrave is one of the market leaders with strong values and a good track record for balancing profitability with doing the right thing.
We are looking for a delivery driver with C license, full CPC and great customer service skills. You will be working from our distribution centre inDerry and providing effective, efficient and flexible service to all our suppliers and customers.
You will be responsible for checking and completing all invoices and paperwork on time and in spec, reporting loads and products for defects, adhering to assigned route and Basic Food Safety and HACCP requirements. You will be also communicating effectively with Telesales and Sales Rep.
You will also have the ability to work to set deadlines and to work on your own initiative and have good knowledge of Northern Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Multi-drop - within City Centre locations and country wide
- To provide an effective, efficient and flexible service to all suppliers, customers and colleagues through carrying out all functions relating to driving duties, including timely deliveries, accurate administration and adherence to EU Transport Legislation
- To check and complete all invoices and paperwork on time & in spec
- To check & report loads / products and vehicles for defects
- To adhere to all Basic Food Safety & HACCP requirements
- To build excellent customer relationships
- To communicate effectively with Telesales and Sales Reps
- Vehicles to be maintained in a roadworthy condition with any defects being reported to the supervisor on a daily basis
- To adhere to all Health & Safety legislation
- Ensure route and customer knowledge
- To adhere to assigned route schedule
- Flexibility is required for this role
- Full clean C class Licence.
- CPC Qualification
- 6 months experience in a similar role
- Good geographical knowledge of surrounding area
- Knowledge of EU Transport Legislation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to set deadlines and to self motivate.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good product knowledge
- Manual Handling Certification
- Basic Food Safety Certification
- Ambient, chill and frozen distribution knowledge.