Job ref: 10830
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Closing Date: 18 November 2019
Driver Class I
- Ensure all Cross Docking stock from ROI and any empty cages get to their destination on time and in good condition
- Accurate administration and adherence to EU Transport Legislation at all times
- To ensure safe transportation of loads
- To check & report loads / products and vehicles for defects
- To adhere to all Basic Food Safety & HACCP requirements
- To build excellent inter-company relationships
- To communicate effectively with Transport colleagues
- Vehicles to be maintained in a roadworthy condition with any defects being reported to the supervisor on a daily basis
- To adhere to all Health & Safety legislation
- Ensure route knowledge of Northern Ireland and Dublin
- To adhere to assigned route schedule
- Flexibility is required for this role
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Full clean C+E class Licence.
- CPC Qualification
- 6 months experience in a similar role
- Good geographical knowledge of NI and Dublin catchment area.
- Knowledge of EU Transport Legislation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to set deadlines and to self motivate.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good product knowledge
- Previous trunking experience
- Manual Handling Certification
- Basic Food Safety Certification
- Ambient, chill and frozen distribution knowledge