Job ref: 12103
Job Type: IT
Location: Airport Road, Co Cork
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 5 February 2022
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace. We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Developer to join our IT team based in Cork (remote). The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our application integrations which enable the movement of data within Musgrave and with our business partners to support our key business processes and food chain supply. This is a pivotal role that will allow the successful candidate to get their sleeves rolled up and lead the development of exciting projects across the business. Although this is a standalone position, you will be joining a dedicated team with an interesting and stretching workload - with huge potential for personal development and growth. We are keen to hear from enthusiastic candidates who are eager to learn and are motivated by the chance to work and deliver in a fast paced and innovative IT team
Responsibilities of the role include (but not limited to):
- Take a key role in all aspects related to the design and development of Musgrave interfaces - gather and document business requirements, create functional and technical specifications, build, test and rollout business solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements and SLAs.
- Co-ordinate 3rd parties in building A2A and B2B integrations using a combination of messaging and API led approaches.
- Be capable and willing to take a hands-on approach to build and test such components as well as being comfortable to co-ordinate the development with outsourced partners.
- Provide quality assurance for integration deliverables (documentation, build and test artefacts).
- Continuous learning and research to best support the business.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience in a developer role delivering high quality results within a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years developing and designing integration implementations to include hands on experience in development, testing, administration and specification-writing.
- Good communication and presentation skills, and succinctly summarizing complex concepts.
- Ability to coordinate workload of self and others.
- Previous hands-on experience in enterprise messaging and broker technologies such as IBM MQ, IBM App Connect Enterprise (formerly WebSphere IIB) and MuleSoft.
- Development and scripting experience (preferably Java, C, Python, Bash) and knowledge of relational databases, query authoring (SQL, Oracle).
- Systems development lifecycle, waterfall and agile, with a desire to for DevOps and CI/CD improvements.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who has an eagerness to learn, to positively contribute, to build business focused solutions using advanced technologies and approaches in a team environment and spirit
- Education – 3rd level degree or equivalent.
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior members of the team.