Job ref: 12892
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Location: Ballymun, Dublin 11
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 27 October 2021
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Demand to join our Supply Chain team.
The Demand Planner supports the re-order function in providing forecasts for Seasonal and promotional activity for Musgrave Wholesale Partners. They measure performance and provide insight and recommendations for future promotional activity.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Own the forecasting process and work with key stakeholders to ensure forecast accuracy is met
- Creating forecast reports and forecasting project trends
- Develop, implement and manage a collaborative forecasting process that collects and reconciles information
- Management of forecasts for Seasonal and promotional activity.
- Measure Forecast accuracy
- Liaise with Sales and marketing in promotion selection process.
- Communicate with suppliers our promotional plans and SLA around these promotions.
- Inventory analysis and reporting.
- Support re-order team in measuring and managing supplier delivery performance.
- Support new customer and new product launches
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will possess most of the following:
- An understanding of forecasting activity and supplier management
- Previous experience in Inventory Planning essential.
- Track record in the process development to drive continuous improvement
- Experience in wholesale/Foodservices
- ERP/MRP implementation
- Knowledge of the BCP system
- Strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP system
- Excellent communicator.
- Data Analysis and Modeling.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Third Level Qualification
- Computer Literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages e.g. Excel
Desirable Skills / Attributes
- IIPCS or similar qualification
- Lean/Six Sigma experience