Job ref: 11945
Job Type: Sales & Development
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 20 May 2021
Daybreak Fresh Food Advisor (Galway, Roscommon, Sligo, Mayo)
Musgrave is Ireland`s leading food retail and wholesale company. Our retail brands include SuperValu, Centra, Daybreak, and Mace in Northern Ireland. In addition, Musgrave MarketPlace is Ireland`s leading wholesale supplier to retail, foodservice and SMEs. We are continuously changing and expanding our brand portfolio, with more recent brands including Frank & Honest Coffee, La Rousse Foods and Drinks Inc. Our values are long-term stable relationships, achievement, not being greedy, honest, and working hard.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working closely with retailers, Business Development Managers and other internal teams, the main duties of this role include the following:
- Building relationships with retailers, store managers and key fresh personnel in designated stores and working closely with these retailers to deliver the fresh offer in-store
- Working with retailers and their fresh teams to optimise sales, margin, participation and profitability across the fresh areas
- Engaging retailers and their fresh teams to ensure buy-in with any new Sub brands/Concepts
- Drive rollout and implementation of new initiatives in store
- Supporting stores with the implementation of best practice through store visits, monitoring, observation and in-store training of key fresh staff
- Working closely with Business Development Managers to ensure best practice in the fresh food departments
- Delivering ongoing fresh food training & execution to Daybreak stores
- Supporting new & revamped stores to ensure best in class fresh standards that drive sales and profitability.
- To hold workshops throughout the year highlighting Best Practice in Fresh Food Execution and operational structure
- Ensure that training programmes consistently address current business needs and the relevant people attend the training
- Develop relationships with Key internal stakeholders e.g. Trading, Marketing & HR
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Third Level Qualification preferable
- Minimum of 2-year experience in retail
- Strong influencing skills coupled with minimum 3 years’ experience in managing others
- Food preparation/food service experience will be an advantage
- A proven ability to engage stakeholders and creating buy-in for projects that deliver profitable sales and enhance the offering to consumers
- Strong IT skills including an excellent knowledge and practical experience of MS Office programs.
- Excellent presentation and communication and people skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Leaving Cert / GCSE.
- FAS National Register of Trainers