Job ref: 13046
Job Type: Retail Sales
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 8 December 2021
Daybreak Fresh Food Adviser
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Fresh Food Adviser to join our Daybreak team to cover the Leinster region.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with retailers, Business Development Managers and other internal teams to drive standards for the Fresh Food offering within Daybreak, the main duties of this role include the following but not limited to:
- Building relationships with retailers, store managers and key fresh personnel in designated stores and working closely with these retailers to deliver the fresh offer in-store
- Working with retailers and their fresh teams to optimise sales, margin, participation and profitability across the fresh areas
- Engaging retailers and their fresh teams to ensure buy-in with any new Sub brands/Concepts
- Drive rollout and implementation of new initiatives in store
- Supporting stores with the implementation of best practice through store visits, monitoring, observation and in-store training of key fresh staff
- Working closely with Business Development Managers to ensure best practice in the fresh food departments
- Delivering ongoing fresh food training & execution to Daybreak stores
- Supporting new & revamped stores to ensure best in class fresh standards that drive sales and profitability.
- To hold workshops throughout the year highlighting Best Practice in Fresh Food Execution and operational structure
- Ensure that training programmes consistently address current business needs and the relevant people attend the training
- Develop relationships with Key internal stakeholders e.g. Trading, Marketing & HR
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Third Level Qualification preferable
- Minimum of 2-year experience in retail
- Strong influencing skills coupled with minimum 3 years’ experience in managing others
- Food preparation/food service experience will be an advantage
- A proven ability to engage stakeholders and creating buy-in for projects that deliver profitable sales and enhance the offering to consumers
- Strong IT skills including an excellent knowledge and practical experience of MS Office programs.
- Excellent presentation and communication and people skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Leaving Cert / GCSE.
- FAS National Register of Trainers