Job ref: 12233
Job Type: Operations
Location: Ballymun, Dublin 11
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 14 April 2021
Customer Service/HR Manager
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Manage the checkout and administration teams to maintain and improve customer service. Maximize sales through developing excellent customer relationships and knowledge of customer requirements. Support the General Manager to ensure good employee relations in the branch through coordinating & planning training, developing and implementing employee engagement action plans and implementing HR policy in the branch. Ensuring the branch is compliant with all employee legislation through maintaining employee records and accurate HR KPI’s.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To ensure exceptionally high standards of customer service are offered at all times.
- Devise and maintain a process for ensuring all customer queries and complaints are followed up in an efficient and professional manner. Ensure that these are recorded and monitored on a regular basis.
- To ensure the correct operational procedures are maintained and reviewed on a continual basis.
- To effectively co-ordinate the checkout operation and ensure high levels of accuracy are maintained at all times.
- Reception - Implement an audit process to be carried out on a monthly basis to ensure all reception systems and procedures are adhered to in the appropriate manner.
- Oversee the Cash Office and Credit Control
- To ensure delivery of excellent customer service levels based on a sound understanding of all customer needs.
- Build strong relationships with key customers.
- Liaise and build strong relationships with the wider Teams.
- Conduct job skills training, providing honest and objective formal and informal feedback and giving support and coaching as necessary.
- Maintain a harmonious working environment to ensure colleagues are aware of the role they play in achieving the overall company objectives.
- Ensure all staff are clearly focused on the need to satisfy the customer and are given the opportunity to use their individual skills.
- Consider the welfare and well being of staff and manage such areas as holidays, rotas, overtime control, working standards, appearance and general working procedures.
- To ensure regular communication briefings with all colleagues as per Communications strategy.
- To ensure that all aspects of absence, timekeeping grievance and discipline are communicated and dealt with effectively with the support of Central Human Resources.
- To ensure adherence to all relevant HR policies and a working knowledge of the legislation that supports these
- To manage & complete the weekly payroll for the branch
- Ensure high levels of employee engagement in the branch
- Manage all employee issues in a fair and consistent manner
- Liaise closely with Central Human Resources department in all HR related areas involving legislative procedure.
Health and Safety
- Ensure total awareness of legislative requirements and company policy and procedure with regards to Health and Safety, Environmental Health and legal considerations of the food environment.
- To make oneself aware of the total layout of the depot including fire / emergency exits.
- To make oneself fully aware of the company handbook, policies and procedures and adhere to all rules at all times.
- To ensure good housekeeping practices are used at all times.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Experience and Education:
- 3 - 5 years experience in similar management role within a Wholesale or retail environment
- Excellent customer service experience
- Must have a good working knowledge of current and impending employment legislation, ideally CIPD qualified as a minimum.
- Must have experience of implementation of HR policies and practices e.g. recruitment, absence management.
- Relevant third level qualification