Job ref: 11362
Job Type: Operations
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 15 July 2020
Customer Service and Hr Manager
Role Purpose: Support the General Manager and the wider management team to ensure positive employee relations in the branch through coordinating, training &developing, implementing employee engagement action plans and implementing HR policy in the branch. Ensuring the branch is compliant with all employee legislation through maintaining employee records and accurate HR KPI`s. Manage the checkout, cash office and administration teams to deliver excellent customer service. Maximize sales through developing excellent customer relationships and knowledge of customer requirements.
Role Scope: This role is an integral part of the MarketPlace site and will focus on the Customer Service required to effectively manage the Reception, cash Office and Checkout areas as well as developing good employee engagement in the branch.
The candidate must be capable of building a team with the skills, competencies and experience required to support the business targets and manage employee issues in a fair and transparent manner.
Area of Responsibility: Checkouts / Reception / Cash Office /Admin
- To ensure exceptionally high standards of customer service are offered at all times.
- Devise and maintain a process for ensuring all customer queries and complaints are followed up in an efficient and professional manner. Ensure that these are recorded and monitored on a regular basis.
- To ensure the correct operational procedures are maintained and reviewed on a continual basis.
- To effectively co-ordinate the checkout operation and ensure high levels of accuracy are maintained at all times.
- Reception - Implement an audit process to be carried out on a monthly basis to ensure all reception systems and procedures are adhered to in the appropriate manner.
- Cash Office - Implement an audit process to be carried out on a monthly basis to ensure all reception systems and procedures are adhered to in the appropriate manner.
Area of Responsibility: Relationships
- To ensure delivery of excellent customer service levels based on a sound understanding of all customer needs.
- Build strong relationships with key customers.
- Liaise and build strong relationships with the wider Teams.
Area of Responsibility: HR
- Conduct job skills training, providing honest and objective formal and informal feedback and giving support and coaching as necessary.
- Maintain a harmonious working environment to ensure colleagues are aware of the role they play in achieving the overall company objectives.
- Ensure all staff are clearly focused on the need to satisfy the customer and are given the opportunity to use their individual skills.
- Consider the welfare and well being of staff and manage such areas as holidays, rotas, overtime control, working standards, appearance and general working procedures.
- To ensure regular communication briefings with all colleagues as per Communications strategy.
- To ensure that all aspects of absence, timekeeping grievance and discipline are communicated and dealt with effectively with the support of Central Human Resources.
- To manage & complete the weekly payroll for the branch
- Ensure high levels of employee engagement in the branch
- Manage all employee issues in a fair and consistent manner
- Support the local Management Team with branch Operations
- Liaise closely with Central Human Resources department in all HR related areas involving legislative procedure.
Area of Responsibility: Health & Safety
- Ensure total awareness of legislative requirements and company policy and procedure with regard to Health and Safety, Environmental Health and legal considerations of the food environment.
- To make oneself aware of the total layout of the depot including fire / emergency exits.
- To make oneself fully aware of the company handbook, policies and procedures and adhere to all rules at all times.
- To ensure good housekeeping practices are used at all times.
- Keep constant vigil to potential and actual security risks at all times.
- Ensure removal of empty packaging, damaged items from the floor / checkouts work area at all times and deal with appropriately.
- Storing product under correct conditions avoiding loss and / or damage.
- 3 - 5 years experience in similar management role within a Wholesale or retail environment
- Excellent customer service experience
- Must have a good working knowledge of current and impending employment legislation
- Must have experience of implementation of HR policies and practices e.g. recruitment, absence management.
- Applicants should have excellent planning, organization and interpersonal
- Self starter
- Excellent customer service skills
- Customer focused
- Communication Skills
- Thorough approach to work/attention to detail
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Strong Leadership skills with a proven ability to influence senior Management
- Strong Team Player
- Effective negotiation skills
The ideal candidate will have/be:
-CIPD qualification desirable Apply Now