Job ref: 12875
Job Type: Commercial
Location: Lucan, Co. Dublin
Contract type: Contract
Closing Date: 6 November 2021
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Commercial Accountant to join our Donnybrook fair Finance team.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery and implementation of the Donnybrook Fair financial plan. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will play a key role supporting the management of the business through performance management, reporting and overall financial control. The responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Drive the periodic budgeting / forecasting cycle in the business
- Understanding of and preparation of weekly P&L for submission to Group
- Review of Monthly management accounts and monitoring performance against budget.
- Support the business around key initiatives in reducing waste and shrink and improving margin.
- Preparation of part of the monthly management accounts and monitoring performance against budget.
- Preparation of some quarterly Balance sheet control accounts.
- Producing weekly/monthly management packs for all business units to be shared with key managers including relevant KPI’s and variance analysis.
- Producing monthly management packs for all key managers including relevant KPI’s and variance analysis.
- Observe and use initiative to find efficiencies and cost saving schemes across the group.
- Drive automation of reporting and processes in the finance team to improve efficiency.
- Support of key capital projects and monitoring of spend v budget.
- Assist the Head of Finance as required on specific projects.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will have all or most of the following:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 4+ years post qualification experience.
- The ideal candidate will be highly numeric & analytical.
- Previous experience of working in a large, highly structured company
- Previous experience of forecasting and budget setting
- A strong systems orientation including advanced Excel skills and Systems skills.
- Advanced Excel and strong organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload and to work to deadlines
- Be interested in working in a fast paced, client facing commercial role.
- Previous experience working within the FMCG/Retail or Food Production industry will be of distinct advantage.