Job ref: 11986
Job Type: Business Development
Location: Lucan, Co. Dublin
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 25 January 2021
Business Development Manager Foodservice
To plan, successfully launch and manage the day-to-day operations and sales of our Donnybrook Fair branded range of products into designated Supervalu stores nationwide.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Deliver against agreed launch plans and achieve budgeted sales and margin metrics set.
- Ensure our Donnybrook Fair brand is presented to the highest standards in-store and as set by our brand and retailer engagement agreements.
- Full responsibility for product into Supervalu including:
- Product supply and availability of same to Supervalu stores
- Designated ranges are carried by respective stores
- Product quality is maintained always
- Pricing & Promotions are created and approved for timely submission to Supervalu HO
- Key-instore activities that support the Donnybrook Fair are approved and planned
- Maintain your costs within allocated budgets, through good time management, resource management and the most effective call pattern for each store call.
- Ensure an excellent service is provided through accurate field communication and good administration practices.
- Provide accurate and relevant information on in-store activity and other trade field information to your line manager
- Ensure full co-operation via Supervalu Regional and General Managers ensuring the maximum sales and growth potential for our Donnybrook Fair brand
- Complete all administration as required including Journey plans, Daily and weekly sales reports, record cards and weekly updates on range and store sales performance
Education, Skills & Experience
- Leaving Cert / GCSE.
- Full clean driving licence
- Sales training.S
- Food Qualification (desirable)
- Understanding retailer operations
- Reports: Sales, margins, trending, performance versus budget, cost analysis
- Experience/ knowledge in food industry (competitors/ range/ activities)
- Proven track record in proactive field sales and achieved targets.
- Professional Selling skills
- Customer focused.
- Commercial awareness.
- Administration skills, planning and time management skills.
- Forwarding thinking with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Can do Attitude
- Ability to change, adapt and be flexible
- Microsoft applications: excel, word, power-point