Job ref: 11840
Job Type: Sales & Development
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 29 October 2020
Business Development Manager - Fluency in Mandarin language required
Musgrave is Ireland`s leading food retail and wholesale company. Our retail brands include SuperValu, Centra, Daybreak, and Mace in Northern Ireland. In addition, Musgrave MarketPlace is Ireland`s leading wholesale supplier to retail, foodservice and SMEs. We are continuously changing and expanding our brand portfolio, with more recent brands including Frank & Honest Coffee, La Rousse Foods and Drinks Inc. Our values are long-term stable relationships, achievement, not being greedy, honest, and working hard. There are real progression opportunities within our business for those looking for a long term career.
To grow and develop our Ethnic business within a defined territory
- Responsible for achieving sales and margin targets to meet company budget objectives.
- Provide support on the development of an Ethnic product range to meet our customer requirements.
- Support to the MarketPlace team on developing a better knowledge & trends in the Ethnic market and customer base.
- Ensure that all customers receive excellence in customer service while maintaining and establishing strong relationships that will add value to our customer proposition.
- Working across the Marketing and Trading functions to optimise promotions and communications to our Ethnic customer base.
- Work closely with Branch Management teams to maximize growth within each territory.
- Provide accurate and relevant information on competitor activity.
- Maintain all accounts within Musgrave MarketPlace credit terms.
- Maintain costs within allocated budgets through good time management, resource management and effective call patterns.
- Complete all required sales administration as required.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Proven track record of sales and achieved measurable targets
- Experience/knowledge in wholesale, foodservice/retail sales
- In-depth knowledge of Ethnic market
- Fluency in Mandarin language or Cantonese
- Customer focused
- Commercial acumen
- Target orientated
- Achievement orientated
- Negotiation and influencing skills