Job ref: 12383
Job Type: Sales & Development
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30 June 2021
Business Development Manager - Coffee
Musgrave is Ireland`s leading food retail and wholesale company. Our retail brands include SuperValu, Centra, Daybreak, and Mace in Northern Ireland. In addition, Musgrave MarketPlace is Ireland`s leading wholesale supplier to retail, foodservice and SMEs. We are continuously changing and expanding our brand portfolio, with more recent brands including Frank & Honest Coffee, La Rousse Foods and Drinks Inc. Our values are long-term stable relationships, achievement, not being greedy, honest, and working hard. There are real progression opportunities within our business for those looking for a long term career.
- To develop Coffee sales in the defined territory, as outlined, with responsibility for sales, debt, margin and profit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver and exceed agreed regional and territory sales, profit and margin targets across the region
- Develop the territory by managing a prospect list to secure new customers
- Drive growth through expanding the range that is currently being supplied to existing accounts.
- Maintain all accounts within Musgrave MarketPlace agreed credit terms.
- Manage all customer contracts within the territory, including managing customer profitability, return on investment, customer pricing & rental agreements, and range to maximise profitability
- Maintain Territory Management costs within allocated budgets, through good time management, resources management, and the most effective call pattern for each customer.
- Ensure excellent customer service through friendly, accurate field communication and good administration practices.
- Provide accurate and relevant information on competitor activity and other trade field information to the Beverage Lead.
- Work Cross Functionally with the existing regional business development managers to optimise the territory opportunity
- Complete all administration as required including Journey plans, Daily Sales Reports, Record Cards and Prospect lists
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Education & Experience
- Proven track record in proactive field sales within the Coffee sector
- Strong experience/ knowledge of the Coffee sector (competitors/ range/ customers)
- Margins / Reports / Geography
- Exceptional Selling skills
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Administration skills, planning and time management skills.
- Forwarding thinking with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Can do Attitude
- Leaving Cert / GCSE.
- Full clean driving licence