Job ref: 14901
Location: Tramore Road, Cork
Contract type: Contract
Closing Date: 1 December 2023
Assistant Trading Manager for Non Food Retail – Seasonal (Job Share)
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world, and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We are inviting applications for an Assistant Trading Manager – Non Food Retail - Seasonal portfolio.
Reporting to the Trading Manager, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for optimizing the contribution of the assigned portfolio to the profitability and market share position of Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland and our customers. Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing the portfolio product range, product quality and category plans to ensure that it reflects market and consumer trends.
- Managing the sourcing and introduction of own label product in conjunction with the product development teams.
- With the support of the Trading Manager negotiating the total purchase cost of products for Musgrave and our Retail Partners for the relevant portfolios.
- Setting wholesale selling prices and monitoring portfolio and product margins to ensure that profitability objectives for both the company and customers are being met.
- Developing excellent long term relationships with key stakeholders including suppliers and Retail Partners
- Supporting project development and rollout within the category
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The successful candidate will:
- Third level qualification and/or at least 2 years experience operating in a commercial function e.g. Trading, Finance or Supply Chain.
- Strong commercial acumen, proven analytical skills combined with excellent written and oral communications capabilities are prerequisites.
- Knowledge of applying category management principles would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to build long term stable relationships
- Sound commercial acumen is essential and strong functional knowledge of the product supply chain would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven analytical and communication skills and an ability to handle commercial negotiations are required
- Project managament skills would be an advantage.
**Please be advised this is a 12 Month contract
** Job Share Work Pattern is 3 days a week (Monday-Wednesday)
Musgrave operate a Work Smart hybrid working model where you can alternate your time between connecting and collaborating in the office and working remotely.