Job ref: 12776
Job Type: Finance
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Assistant Retail Accountant
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a Assistant Retail Accountant to join our Retail Finance team.
The purpose of this role is to act as a business partner to the sales team to support the development of new business and the retention of existing business and to provide support as required to the retail accounts and sales teams. Responsibilities of this role include but not limited to:
Management of financial risk
- Carry out financial analysis of business proposals to ensure they meet the required investment criteria
- Support the preparation and approval of business proposals
- Support the opening of new Mace stores including co-ordination of legal transactions
- On-going tracking of performance for new and existing business
- Provide proactive support to the retail accounts and sales teams to ensure financial risk is appropriately managed
Collation, Analysis and Benchmarking of Retailer Accounts
- Collation of accounts received from customers on a regular basis
- Provision of a monthly report to sales teams and retail accounts team on accounts received/accounts outstanding
- Analysis of accounts by store type in agreed format
Support of Retail Accounting function
- Updating of financial planning models as required
- Support wider retail accounts and finance teams as required in order to achieve departmental objectives
- Provision of administrative support where necessary (e.g. co-ordinating invoice approval, managing flow of legal documents)
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- At least 1 year’s experience in a finance environment to include working with and supporting internal/external customers
- Part qualified accountant - ACA, CIMA or ACCA standard
- Full Driving Licence with access to car
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Logical and thorough in approach to work with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical skills and ability to problem-solve
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience in FMCG and/or food retail sectors or experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Experience of preparing and assessing business proposals, including preparing projections
- Experience of legal work and knowledge of security
- Experience of using computerised accounting packages such as Sage, Exchequer, QuickBooks
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Commercial acumen
- Aware of constraints and analyses risks