Job ref: 13433
Job Type: Retail Management
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 5 July 2022
Assistant Manager - SuperValu Castletroy
Role Purpose: The purpose of this role is to assist the Store Manager in day to day running and development of your store. This role will work to achieve the financial targets set by the company and to increase our household penetration. The Assistant Manager must provide clear leadership and direction, which embraces and lives the brand values and actively engage others to do the same. Assistant Managers must constantly manage change through managing their own behaviour and attitude.
The role of Assistant Manager is to manage through knowledgeable and ‘Inspired’ colleagues with a ‘Teamwork’ ethic. Assistant managers will work to achieve the highest standards, driving innovation and a passion for Customer Care.
The Assistant Manager must continually challenge their people’s performance and ensure the ‘Horizontal Matrix Management Structure’ is efficiently and effectively used to achieve results. Assistant Managers will continually enhance their knowledge and skills through further education and experiences.
Role Scope: Assistant Manager must be flexible to work in the capacity of Assistant Manager in any Store as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the shop through realistic and challenging targets and supporting the Store Manager in achieving the stores financial targets.
- Responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of agreed business plan and Constant management of change initiatives.
- Communication and implementation of the company’s strategic goals and objectives through interdependence and teamwork with support teams.
- Deliver on their C.A.B. projects through interdependency with their peers.
Area of Responsibility: Colleague Management and Development
- To effectively manage departments and colleagues to ensure exceptional standards are achieved at all times.
- Developing and coaching of Duty Managers operational skill set through performance management and Manager forum, interdepartmental teamwork and interdependence
- To ensure a team work ethic is achieved in the shop and with support teams
- To take ownership for Line HR responsibility including the management of colleague performance
Area of Responsibility: Drive excellence in store standards
- Ensure Food Safety is everyone’s priority, responsibility and achieve a minimum A – B grade
- To ensure that all company systems and procedures are implemented and managed in accordance with Best Practice
Area of Responsibility: Customer Service
- To take ownership for the management of their area ensuring that all service and standards expectations are delivered on.
- To ensure excellence in Customer Service at all times to include the last “50 yards”.
Area of Responsibility: Self Development
- Work with the Store Manager and Assistant Manager to identify opportunities for personal growth and develop and deliver plans to meet these
- Assist with company projects as and when required.
- Completion of the GROW Duty Manager Development Programme
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Ideally you will have 3rd level qualification
- Good analytical & numerical skills, with particular focus on Margins/Waste and Sales
- Understanding of business processes and exposure to best practice in the retail industry
- Broad knowledge and experience of the commercial realities within the retail sector.
- Driving own performance to achieve business objectives and improve performance.
- Strong people management skills. Lead, monitor, motivate and support team in achieving results
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively with minimum disruption
- Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- A self starter with strong drive and energy with the ambition to succeed.
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to motivate and develop others to succeed.
- Passion for food and retailing
- Enthusiasm for superior customer service
- Hardworking and flexible
- Strong sense of commitment and loyalty to brand.