Job ref: 12064
Job Type: Sales & Development
Location: Lucan, Co. Dublin
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 10 March 2021
Role Purpose: To work in a highly motivated buying team, to optimize the sales and profit of all ranges through product innovation, business differentiation, negotiation and analysis.
Role Scope: Reporting to the Category Manager this role will be based in Support Office Lucan working as part of Trading team. The buyer has responsibility to deliver sales and profit targets while maintaining Donnybrook Fair’s reputation for outstanding quality and freshness.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To ensure Donnybrook Fair achieves the best costs possible for products sourced through negotiation, innovation, and effective management of supplier relationships, ensuring professional buying behaviours and ethics are adhered to.
- To plan and negotiate with suppliers to retrieve as much supplier funding as possible to meet and exceed agreed budgets.
- To develop a promotional strategy for assigned categories
- To improve the promotional process to ensure it works smoothly and timely in terms of planning, communication, allocations and point of sale sign off.
- To drive the continuous improvement of promotional point of sale with the marketing team and stores.
- To assess supplier promotional proposals and prepare relevant proposals for review before promotional meetings.
- Ensure all promotional activities are analysed on completion and learning is fed into future planning.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Marketing, or related discipline
- Highly numerate and analytical with the ability to interpret data
- Min 3 years previous Buying experience within Retail Grocery or FMCG.
- To be fully aware of initiatives and trends in the trade, other categories and the supply base to drive innovation, customer
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very high level of accuracy with demonstrable right first-time ethos
- Excellent attention to detail; passionate about getting all projects right first time.
- Ability to prioritise workload and differentiate between urgent and important tasks.