Job ref: 12644
Job Type: Marketing
Location: Ballymun, Dublin 11
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 26 September 2021
Assistant Brand Manager Daybreak
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave MarketPlace.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for an Assistant Brand Manager to join our Marketing team to support Daybreak. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
This role will provide marketing support for Daybreak, including developing and implementing national and local communications plans across print, PR and digital channels. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Implementation of promotions calendars and coordinating the production of all promotional material.
- Supporting the implementation of the digital marketing plan, including ongoing activity on social media, display advertising and maintaining the brand website.
- Implementing a PR and trade advertising plan, including preparing press releases for key initiatives and organising profiles/interviews/features with publications.
- Developing and implementing local marketing plans to support stores.
- Support store/branch developments, including working with the Sales team to develop signage/printed materials required for new/refurbishing sites.
- Liaising with design, print, distribution companies and third-party agencies (digital, in-store auditing, trade publications, PR etc.).
- Supporting the implementation of customer and internal events (e.g. Daybreak national retailer conference).
- Supporting the management and administration of the marketing budget.
- Tracking the contribution of marketing activity to commercial performance.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager in developing the brand offer and ensuring consistent brand execution across all brand touch points.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Third level marketing/business qualification or relevant experience.
- High degree of proficiency in the full MS Office suite.
- Passion for marketing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic attitude and evidence of continual learning and willingness to do so.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & achieve tight deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong customer focus.
- Full driving licence with access to car.
- Experience of working on a cross departmental basis.
- Previously worked within an FMCG or Retail environment.