Job ref: 12473
Job Type: Logistics / Supply Chain
Location: Kilcock, Co. Kildare
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 1 August 2021
Musgrave is Ireland’s leading food retail and wholesale company.
Our brands, including SuperValu, Centra and Daybreak, are market leaders and Musgrave MarketPlace is Ireland’s leading wholesale supplier to retail, food service and SMEs.
As a family business we feed 1 in 3 people in Ireland.
What makes us different is our extraordinary network of independent retail partners – thousands of family businesses based in the heart of towns and cities across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Spain, making significant contributions to local economies and enhancing vibrant communities.**
We are delighted to be able to expand our driver pool in our Fonthill Depot and are offering Permanent, Pensionable, Stable Positions with an* Attractive Salary Package, Bonus & Expense's.*
The ideal candidate should have at least 1 years experience which must have been gained driving articulated vehicles.
You must be a team player, flexible and have the ability to remain focused whilst under pressure.
You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be self-motivated and have a consistent work methodology.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- On time delivery and collection service·
- Building good working relationships with our retailers and be a brand ambassador for the company.
- Responsible for the general up keep and security of the vehicle/tractor unit and trailer unit which reflects the positive image of the company and food distribution.
- Ensuring that all required documentation is accurately completed.
- Responsible for safety, showing courtesy to other road users and complying with the rules of the road.
- Ensure that trailers are loaded and discharged with due care for the safety of everyone, including the public.
- Maintain and control Health & Safety, Quality and HACCP requirements relating to the transport system.
- Communication with management in terms of problems, arranging loads, reporting accidents and any other occasions where such contact is necessary.
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted/free food
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing/share options
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- Education reimbursement
- Wellness programmes
The ideal candidate will have/be:
We are looking for applications with the following experience and skills:
- 1 year HGV driving experience·
- Must hold a clean valid HGV License E+C class.
- Customer focused and driven·
- Ability to solve problems in a fast moving environment·
- Good communication skills.