Musgrave Group today announced changes in Group Board responsibilities effective 22 November 2010. These changes reflect Musgrave’s strategy to emerge stronger from recession and exploit synergies across the Group that will position the company for renewed growth in 2011.
Despite the recession in Ireland with significant food deflation and a challenging trading environment in our other markets, Musgrave’s strategy has ensured that the business and its retail partners have successfully responded to changing consumer requirements and tough economic conditions. This strategy has delivered in line with plan and ensures that the Group has in place the platform for future growth.
To further enhance the growth potential of its unique business model, the changes to Musgrave’s Group Board responsibilities are as follows:
- Donal Horgan, currently Managing Director of SuperValu and Centra in the Republic of Ireland has been named as Managing Director of Budgens and Londis based in Great Britain.
- Martin Kelleher, currently Managing Director of Musgrave Wholesale Partners becomes Managing Director of SuperValu and Centra in the Republic of Ireland.
- Noel Keeley, currently Group Human Resources Director, takes up the position of Managing Director for Musgrave Wholesale Partners.
- Separately, Sharon Buckley, Group Commercial Director, will assume the additional responsibility for Supply Chain across the Group.
- Tim Kenny, Group Finance Director will assume the additional responsibility of Business Development across the Group.
- Martin Hyson is retiring from the main board of Musgrave but remains as a member of the Executive Management Team to lead the growth agenda in Spain.
Chris Martin CEO Musgrave Group said, “Throughout this recession we have continued to invest in our business and particularly our retail partners across Ireland, the UK and Spain. The success of that strategy has given us a platform to drive future growth in each of our markets and positions us to profitably grow the business for Musgrave and our retail partners in 2011. I would like to congratulate each of the Directors on their appointments and wish them every success in their new roles.“