Centra know living well isn’t always easy and with all the distractions of modern life, sometimes health and well-being can fall down the list of family priorities. Centra’s Live Well plan takes the complexity out of healthy living and makes it easy to incorporate health into daily family routine.
Four out of five children in Ireland don’t get the recommended 60 minutes of exercise a day and healthy eating is often a struggle with children. The Live Well plan encourages families to make simple changes to their lifestyle to help them live as healthy as possible, as easily as possible.
The Live Well plans are for all abilities and are suitable for children as well as adults. It’s a simple to follow plan that can work for any family, it can be done anywhere with no equipment needed, and best of all, it’s free. There are a variety of plans depending on ability, all of which include weekly wellbeing tips, exercise plans, healthy recipes and daily step challenges.
Rugby legend Donncha O’Callaghan is the ambassador for Centra’s Live Well plan and he has a number of tips to help families get active and living well.
Donncha’s Live Well Top Five Tips for Families
- Start the Live Well plan yourself and lead by example. If parents are living active healthy lives, children are more likely to.
- Set a family goal! Setting goals is a great way to keep your family’s healthy living on track. Pick an achievable goal for you all to follow and check in on regularly. Perhaps there is a treat the whole family would appreciate, use this as a motivation and this could be your reward for reaching the family goal!
- Make it fun! Living well doesn’t have to be a struggle. Schedule in some fun family games like frisbee, skipping or football. Not only will it help the whole family be active and achieve their daily steps, but less screen time and more family time will help overall wellbeing.
- Make exercise a part of weekly family life. Pick an activity that the whole family enjoys and make sure to fit it in every week.
- Planning is key. Everyone is living hectic lives so without a plan it’s very easy to forget or fall out of the routine. Use the Live Well plans for easy healthy recipes for the whole family and schedule in 20 minutes of family’s time to fit in the Live Well exercises.
Centra have taken the complexity out of healthy living and are encouraging people to live well, while still making the most of every day with the Live Well plan. It’s a complete wellbeing plan for a happier healthier family; it’s not about a restrictive regime, it’s about making a healthy lifestyle a part of normal family life. Each 12 week plan was devised by fitness expert Pat Divilly with the help of Donncha O’Callaghan, and is free to sign-up to on www.centra.ie/live-well.